Author Topic: Incorrect prices display!  (Read 12447 times)

gibal

• Beginner
Re: Incorrect prices display!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 11:53:44 am »
Hey Gibal, as Mark had mentioned before, don't forget to check if you add a discount in the default shopper group (-default-, Goldlevel, and Wholesale)

No there is no discount for shopper group

The solution that work for me is: to set the same 1 Stores currency to GBP ( edit store) and 2 the product Currency to GBP ( edit produtc)

lucato

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 13:29:40 pm »
I see. I'll try that when I get to install VM again. Let me wait his feedback to see what I need to do now to get to intall VM again.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 17:05:10 pm »
To uninstall a component go into extension manager as if you were going to install. Click on components at the top of the page, select vm and then click uninstall!

jos_vm_       are the prefixes for vm db tables, but there will also be an entry into jos_components (I think) that relate to VM.

Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

lucato

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 18:16:24 pm »
Hey Mark, yup, I did this way. And I got nothing. I tried to upload the file through the Control Panel to do not use an FTP software and the same error happened when trying to install the file com_virtuemart_1.1.3.j15.zip

This is the error:

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
Path does not have a valid package.

Isnt't your file corrupted? Who searches for this XML, isn't this file searching for the wrong name?

I've checked the database and there is no jos_vm, so all uninstalled. Into jos_components seems that there is no realtive fields. IMHO.

Well, do you have another host place and link to try to download again the package or other. I have no idea what is going on.

All other components (non VM) I get to install ok.

Is there any instruction how to unzip each zip file and in what folder place each of them?

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 19:17:14 pm »
The joomla installer unzips the package then uses the xml file to place all the files. But your server must have an upload limit greater than 2M! It sounds if though joomla can't extract the file because it is incomplete, i.e. it's uploaded 2M then stoppped, it actually needs to continue.

i.e. php upload_max_filesize must be more than 2M

I had to ask my host to increase this!

Unzipping the package files you will find a file called installation.php, this explains how to do a manual install, just unzip com_virtuemart1.1.3j1.5.zip
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

lucato

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 22:27:12 pm »
Thanks Mark, I've checked my PHP configuration and you're right, the "Maximum allowed size for uploaded files" (upload_max_filesize) is set to 2M! I've just contacted the host team and ask them to increase it. Let's see if it will work. If they take too long, I'll try to unzip and see the installation.php

Thanks for your tips, patient and support.

I'll update this post later. ;0)

lucato

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 12:33:05 pm »
Hi Mark, the folks from the host have set to 10MB, and it didn't work out too. I keep getting the same error messages as before when trying to install VM 1.1.3. It can be trying from IE8 or Mozilla 3.0.
I've deleted all VM folders and there is no data left in the jos_module from VM. So, all seems to be clean for a new installation, but it doesnt work. The only thing I didn't try yet was the manual installation because in the installation.php file you've mentioned it says:

You should only use this file, when you have:
* VirtueMart 1.0.x and want to upgrade to VirtueMart 1.1.x

So, it isn't my case. I mean, I'm not updanting from a previous version. Or does it fit for VM 1.1.3?

Any new help on it? Any update on VM file or ohter to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

lucato

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 22:06:18 pm »
Ok, finally I got today to install VM 1.1.3.

The only way to get to install it with my Joomla 1.5.10 was manually, by downloading the manual installation zip file.

Now the prices are working ok! ;0)

Thanks for all tried help.

punyaixan

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 05:25:08 am »
Hello guys, after reading all of your posts, do i have to install VM 1.1.3 to get the correct price .. ??

Store: Currency (US $), Country (US) and wnd the whole things i set up on US as default. I put 50.000 for my product but it came up 37.665 at the front-end ..

i've tried everything that all you guys tried .. but still ain't working, no tax, no discount on shopper group, just clean as it was.

lucato

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 09:48:38 am »
Well, if none of the solutions mentioned above solved your case, you should do it IMHO. For me it was the only way to get it fixed and I just get to instal this version manually as I said before.

Good luck.

dragaodepapel

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 21:13:44 pm »
I tried all the tips that I found in the forum, including the manual installation of the component, and the prices stay wrong.

I need to use two currencies for my products. And,when I put two currencies in the products, the prices appears two times in the product view. And, the weird thing is:
for one product the first price is correct and the second have discount;
for another the first price is correct and the second have an additional;
for another the first have discount, the second is correct;

It don't have a logic when applying these values.

And, if the product have only one currency, it's works very well.

It's giving me a lot of headaches  :-[

dragaodepapel

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 22:01:49 pm »
Well, changing the code without knowledge is funny!

I open the file convertECB.php that is located at administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\currency

then changed the line (at end of the file):
Code: [Select]
return $val;
to put a comment on it, then added the following line:
Code: [Select]
return $amountA;
I don't want the currency conversion, so the module returns the original value of the currency.

When I show the product again, it show me two values, then I discovered that the first is the first price in the prices list. So, it list to me all the prices, but with the currency identifier that the user have selected.

Take a look at the attached file. The first value is the price that I defined for US Dolar, and the second is for Brazilian Real.

So I see that it don'nt filtering the values in price list accordly with the currency select with the currency selector. It consider all the values.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

tyankee

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 05:55:17 am »
wow - this is the MOST frustrating piece of software i have ever in my 30+ years of developing, had to use..   I can not figure out the pricing..  i've followed all the directions, been over these posts 3 times, spent over 20 hours including going into the code to see what was going on.  AND STILL the prices show up wrong..  i am using standard US dollar on everything everywhere..  And to boot, if i dare try a discount the prices get even goofier..

for example - simple product on boisewired.com - add a shopping cart - cost is $97 - sets up fine and displays fine in my admin panel..  then i got to eh website and see $105..  WTF????

then product #2..   product price $497..  i want to discount it down to $47 so i type in $47 for the discounted price..  the product updates to show those 2 amounts and a discount of $450.. everything looks good in admin BUT..  i go to the website and i see a standard price of $526.82 and a sales price of $76.82..  WTF????    there are no discounts set up in groups anywhere..  i am using the latest version of virtuemart and the latest version of joomla..

somebody somewhere must have this fixed by now???????

lucato

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 10:06:59 am »
Hey there, I'm newbie, but here are some suggestions to check:

1) Use VM 1.1.3 with Joomla 1.5.10

2) Go to VM Admin/Configuration and check at Price Configuration section and Tax Configuration if it isn't abble some stuffs that can be increasing the price;

3) Check if there is no discount set fot the shopper group in the customers/customer groups (shopper/shopper group).

4) If your currency isn't working, try to set as Gibal said in  Reply#15: "The solution that work for me is: to set the same 1 Stores currency to GBP ( edit store) and 2 the product Currency to GBP ( edit produtc)";

Cheers.

tyankee

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 21:23:48 pm »
Hey there, I'm newbie, but here are some suggestions to check:

1) Use VM 1.1.3 with Joomla 1.5.10

2) Go to VM Admin/Configuration and check at Price Configuration section and Tax Configuration if it isn't abble some stuffs that can be increasing the price;

3) Check if there is no discount set fot the shopper group in the customers/customer groups (shopper/shopper group).

4) If your currency isn't working, try to set as Gibal said in  Reply#15: "The solution that work for me is: to set the same 1 Stores currency to GBP ( edit store) and 2 the product Currency to GBP ( edit produtc)";

Cheers.

eeks..  did you even read my post???   of course i already tried all of those as stated in the post..