Author Topic: Incorrect prices display!  (Read 12432 times)

me404

• Beginner
Incorrect prices display!
« on: April 14, 2009, 18:31:33 pm »
 installed VirtureMart 1.1.2 eCommerce and then added products. The price for an item is 200, and its VAT is 30. However, the front page shows that the total price is: 140.86.

Could some one tell me what is wrong with it? Have you used this version and found any problems?

Thanks!

lucato

Re: Incorrect prices display!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 23:10:24 pm »
Yup, the prices are weird. I've set a Brazilian currency in the "Display Style Currency (Edit store)" and when I put the price as R$ 120,00 in the product and pick the dropdown list as Brazil, it just shows the price as 41 instead of R$ 120,00. If I just change the dropdown list to USA dollar, it shows 91. Prety weird. If I've selected Brazil and put the price as R$ 120,00. It should show R$ 120,00.

Any idea what is going on? Am I missing some other setting in another place?

Thanks in advance.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 23:14:48 pm »
I can't replicate the problem, so I don't know what to say.

Have you checked to see if there is a discount applied in the default shopper group!
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

lucato

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 23:27:16 pm »
Hi Macallf, nice to meet you and thanks for the quick reply.
Nope, the 3 shoppers discounts (-default-, Goldlevel, and Wholesale) are set as zero.

If I type 120.45 + Brazil, the input field shows as 120.45000, after saving, the Item Info display shows 120 and not 120.45 that actually should be 120,45 (decimal should be with comma once I've set it in the Style Currency). When I see the price in the front-end it is just showing 41 instead of R$ 120,45

Just to let you know, I've changed the Back/Front-end to English now, just to check if it could be some translation issue, but in both languages the behaviour remains.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 00:12:12 am »
The only way I can replicate this is:

If I set the stores currency to GBP, as in Currency - British Pound (Not accepted currencies)
and I set the product price to be in another currency on the products page.

VM will then do a currency conversion for the frontend of the store.

So make sure the stores currency is the same as your products currency. Even if you have saved it reload the store page just to make sure the changes have been saved.

Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

lucato

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 00:41:58 am »
So make sure the stores currency is the same as your products currency.
Yup, they are.

Try to do these steps to see what you get with VM 1.1.3:

1) Store/Edit Store/Currency Display Style
- Currency: Brazilian Real
- Currency symbol: R$
- Decimal symbol: , (comma)
- Thousands separator: . (dot)
- Positive format: Symb 00
- Negative format: (Symb 00)
- List of accepted currencies: Brazilian Real
- SAVE

2) Product / Add Product
- Publish: Checked
- Name: Test
- Product Price (Net):135.35 Pick in dropdown: [Brazilian Real]
- SAVE

So, IMHO, I think it is all I should set, unless I am missing something here and IMHO by setting these above it should show at the frontend R$ 135,35 and it is showing 46 in this case.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 00:48:16 am »
Works just as I would expect!

Shows R$135.35 (This is the gross price I had entered)

VM1.1.3
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

lucato

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 01:09:16 am »
With those settings your result should show with space and comma or was it a typo? :0) R$ 135,35 instead of R$135.35

Weird. Are you using it under Joomla 1.5.10 too?
Well Macallf, I'll uninstall VM 1.1.3 and install over. I'll try the new installation 1st without the language pack, and if it works ok, I will install the language pack and try again.
I'll report the results here just to keep you posted.

Before I start the process, do you want to leave any tip for uninstalling and installing over?

Well, thanks for a while for your attention.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 01:20:28 am »
it was with a , I'm just used to using a .

No tips for uninstalling  and installing and yes J!1.5.10
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

lucato

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 01:24:10 am »
it was with a , I'm just used to using a.
- Didn't get it, but that's ok. a???? Did you mean a typo? ;0)

Thanks. I'll start the process and I'll let you know the results soon.

See ya.

lucato

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 10:33:23 am »
Hey Mark, good morning.
I'm not getting to install the VM 1.1.3, I need a help.

I've tried to install in several ways and didn't get to make it works. Here is the list of tries:

1) I've tried to upload de COMPLETE packge throught the "Upload packge file" (file: VirtueMart_1.1.3-COMPLETE_PACKAGE.j15.zip) and hit install button, but I got this error "There was an error uploading this file to the server."

2) So, once I got it, I've extracted the file in my computer to try to install one by one and upload via FTP the files. So, first I've uploaded the file com_virtuemart_1.1.3.j15.zip into another named tmp folder and tried to install by using the "Install from Directory", add the right path and hit the install button, I got the error "Cannot find XML file" and after installing the "Download VirtueMart" component I get the error message: "Component Install: Another Component is already using directory: "/administrator/components/com_virtuemart""

3) 3rd try was to install the "Download VirtueMart" suggested in the Blog (Regarding "Unable to find install package") and it didn't work too because it brings the error "Component Install: Another Component is already using directory: "/administrator/components/com_virtuemart"". The funny thing is that I've manually deleted this folder and it keeps me giving this error.

4) Tried to install via URL that would be the easiest way, but didn't work too with another error: "Unknown Archive Type".

So, I think I've tried all kind of possible installations as a newbie. Mark, VM 1.1.3 was installed before, but the previous install that worked ok was from 1.1.0 and a patch to 1.1.3

How to uninstall Download VM module?

Any help how I can install the complete VM 1.1.3?

Thanks in advance.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 10:43:48 am »
never, ever delete VM directories.

You should go into components and uninstall!

The DB has a reference to VM and this has not been removed by using the uninstall routine!

To install from your PC you must unpack the complete package and select com_virtuemart_1.1.3.j15.zip this is the VM component.

The uninstall will probably fail now because the directories are missing, but try that first. If not it's complex to removeand you have to use a db manager drom your cpanel to remove the entry for vm or you install manually.
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

lucato

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 10:59:33 am »
never, ever delete VM directories.
Why not? Due the database? Ops, my fault, glad I just had one product, it's a phase test. :0)

You should go into components and uninstall!
I'm sorry, but I tried it, but I didn't get a way to uninstall. I went to component menu and didn't find any "uninstall" to hit or even tried to upload the same file by using install/uninstall, and didn't work too. Any tip link for it?

To install from your PC you must unpack the complete package and select com_virtuemart_1.1.3.j15.zip this is the VM component.
If you check the item 2 above I did it, but it brought me the error message that is missing the XML file. Weird, if I extract it into my computer there are 2 xml files config.xml and virtuemart.xml

If not it's complex to remove and you have to use a db manager from your cpanel to remove the entry for vm or you install manually.
Well, I didn't find any separated DB for VM into my PHPmyAdmin, there is the DB for Joomla, but inside it there is NOT any jos_* related to VM, what is it name?

What to do now?

gibal

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 11:05:06 am »
Hi
Abaut prices i have the same problem.
I added a product - price 40$ and is displayed as for example 55$
I thought that it was becouse of my mod, but not !
I have just installed NEW  joomla 1.5.10 then installed VM 1.1.3
WITHOUT sample data - fresh instalation - no changest to any config - everything default

I just added three categories, two sample products and there also is problem with prices
First produkt shoud be 10 $ and is 10.83
second product 20$ and is 21,65

vat is set to 0-none, no discout type no discounted price ...

lucato

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 11:26:54 am »
Hey Gibal, as Mark had mentioned before, don't forget to check if you add a discount in the default shopper group (-default-, Goldlevel, and Wholesale)