Author Topic: Do these modules show on FrontPage ONLY ??  (Read 18904 times)

alex123

• Beginner
Do these modules show on FrontPage ONLY ??
« on: April 09, 2009, 12:26:57 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have just created a (Joomla 1.5.9) website with a "Menu linkĀ» to the (Virtuemart 1.1.3) eshop.

This "Menu" is linked to the "Virtuemart Component" and eventually brings up the FrontPage of the Store, where the: Featured, Latest and Random Modules show up, so far so good.

The problem is that when a visitor clicks on any other page (for example the product details pages, etc..) these modules still appear.

There should be a way to assign any of these modules to ONLY appear on the "FrontPage of the Store" and nowhere else.

I have worked with OsCommerce, ZenCart and few others, none of them behave this way.

Unless there is something I am missing, this is a serious limitation.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Alex

mike31

• Beginner
Re: Do these modules show on FrontPage ONLY ??
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 13:31:12 pm »
Ok, i have the same problem, and an issue to resolve it is to create two menu link to virtuemart.
One for the frontpage and one on antoher menu published (not need to create a module for it), BUT be sure the hidden menu is the first menu link you have created (look the id of it, it have to be smaller than the second menu link).
After that, in the settings of your module who you want to be displayed only on the frontpage, affect it only on the frontpage and it's ok ;).
But if you use a component for url rewriting, be careful with the duplicates urls for virtuemart, the url with the item id of the hidden menu must be the main url.
I hope it will help you to resolve it ;)

joomladz

• Beginner
  • Ethan
    • Chinese forum of virtuemart
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 12:56:24 pm »
This "Menu" is linked to the "Virtuemart Component" and eventually brings up the FrontPage of the Store
I think you should not make the frontpage linked to the "Virtuemart Component". Keep frontpage for other usage. To show featured products etc on the middle of frontpage you should add some code like this in the index.php of your template file:

<?php if ( $this->countModules('vm-fp') ) { ?>
      <!-- BEGIN: FEATURE PRODUCTS -->
      <div id="ja-feature">
        <div id="ja-feature-products">
         <jdoc:include type="modules" name="vm-fp" style="raw" />
        </div>
        </div>
         <!-- END: FEATURE PRODUCTS -->
         <?php } ?>

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 05:05:46 am »
You assign joomla modules to the pages you want them displayed on. Joomla - extensions - modules. Edit the module in question to determine it's position within the template and which pages/components you want them displayed on.

We have included the facility to display featured products on virtuemart pages by using the template system of VM as well.

So you have a choice.
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Hipfire

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 19:44:24 pm »
You assign joomla modules to the pages you want them displayed on. Joomla - extensions - modules. Edit the module in question to determine it's position within the template and which pages/components you want them displayed on.

I have this same issue and have tried to assign the module display so that it displays only on the homepage - Ive assigned it to 'Home' in the module manager and it works fine from all the pages linked from main top menu. however it still displays on pages linked to from the Manufacturer and Categories lefthand menus, see: http://ch-consultants.co.uk/

Basically I just want to display the welcome banner on the homepage and simply display products on all other pages. Is there a way to do this?

jillymot

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 11:07:52 am »
This really seems to be an issue.  From what I can ascertain reading through a number of posts, this thread, along with the following two are all related to the same problem.

- features products on frontpage ONLY

- Featured Products bug

macallf - would really appreciate if you or another Development Team member could assist on this.

Just to confirm from your post on this thread.  Is it correct to say that you should be able to set mod_featuredprod to display only the Joomla frontpage (in my case 'Home' in the banner position on the JA Purity Template). And if set like this, it should not display on any other page?  If so, I can confirm that this is not the way it is working. 

Please refer to the thread I started, 'Featured Products bug' for further details and the following website to look at the problem:

www.positiveimpact.net.au/index.php

Would appreciate any light you can shed on this ;-)

wojt0

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 00:34:43 am »

Starting from the beginning.
I would like to place on the main page of 4 modules, which were to disappear when you click on a link and view the contents of the articles / store. I have used the following functions:

<?php if ($this->countModules( "user6" )) {
                   echo '
                <div id="modules2">   
                   <div id="custom">
                     <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user8" style="none" />
               </div>
                    <div id="hr_modules"></div>
                    <div id="key_concepts">
                      <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user9" style="xhtml" />
               </div></div>
               ';} ?>
                                       <div id="content">

<?php if ($this->countModules( "user6")) {
                   echo '<jdoc:include type="modules" name="user6" style="mod_bottom" /> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="bottom" style="mod_bottom" />';
               } else { echo '<div id="component"> <jdoc:include type="component" /></div>';}

?></div>

Set in the administration that the modules: user6, user8, user9, bottom are shown only on the "home".

Joomla With everything to work correctly, only links with the VM does not work.
From what I noticed when you click on an item in VM Itemid not changing, so I started looking for the cause. I was right because the issuse in ID.

Just in:

administrator / components / com_virtuemart / classes / ps_session.php

find the line:

if( !defined( '_VM_IS_BACKEND' )) {
         $Itemid = "&Itemid=".$this->getShopItemid();

and add any number in place of "& Itemid ="  I was good 32
Once added to read as follows:

$Itemid = "&Itemid=32".$this->getShopItemid();

obriennolan

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 23:05:23 pm »
You rock wojt0!

The simple change in the ps_session.php file helped me to remove the header, scroller, and roktabs when you click on the product and want to see the product description. :P http://www.droctavius.com/

However, I have yet to figure out how to do this when you click on the product categories in the left menu. Any ideas?

yop

• Beginner
    • Web Designer
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 06:28:17 am »
You're very awesome wojt0! Thanks for helping me solving my problems...

mkamon

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 22:36:01 pm »
Can somebody explain step by step how to make this problem fix .. because when i do this:

administrator / components / com_virtuemart / classes / ps_session.php

find the line:

$Itemid = "&Itemid=".$this->getShopItemid();

and add any number in place of "& Itemid ="  I was good 32
Once added to read as follows:

$Itemid = "&Itemid=32".$this->getShopItemid();

the rocktabs and RokVirtuemart_Scroller are still ther after selecting any of the categories

Pliz HELP

efilip

• Beginner
    • EasyComTech - IT Solutions
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 15:43:18 pm »
Sorry, I really could not understand what you tried to explain to us. Could you please try to explain it one more time? Please....

Ok, i have the same problem, and an issue to resolve it is to create two menu link to virtuemart.
One for the frontpage and one on antoher menu published (not need to create a module for it), BUT be sure the hidden menu is the first menu link you have created (look the id of it, it have to be smaller than the second menu link).
After that, in the settings of your module who you want to be displayed only on the frontpage, affect it only on the frontpage and it's ok ;).
But if you use a component for url rewriting, be careful with the duplicates urls for virtuemart, the url with the item id of the hidden menu must be the main url.
I hope it will help you to resolve it ;)

lindapowers

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    • Venta de naranjas online y mandarinas
  • Skype Name: manu.gonzalez91
  • VirtueMart Version: Latest avi
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 02:54:49 am »
same problem here, using RokVirtuemart Scroller, is set to show only in "home" and it should hide when you add a product or go to the cart or checkout, but remains there.

Any idea? Thanks

cdishawaii

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 19:44:40 pm »
This is to clarify the post from  mike31 on April 09, 2009, 05:31:12 AM
It's strange, but it works! He is correct here are the steps that I took to fix my site last nite, clarified:

You have a mainmenu - with a Home link to Virtuemart - the id of Home is 1
1. You have to create a new menu - called mine 'virtuehomemenu' - and create a Home link to Virtuemart as well - most likely, that will have an id higher, mine was 174
2. Next, you need to MOVE the HOME link with id of 1 to the 'virtuehomemenu'
3. Move the HOME link with id of 174 from the virtuehomemenu to the mainmenu
4. Next, go to the Module Manager and any slideshows or banners that you only want to show on the homepage should be linked to the HOME link of the mainmenu
5. The virtuemart module is also linked to the HOME link of the mainmenu
6. NOTE: You do NOT need to create a menu module for the virtuehomemenu

Hope that helps! no hacking or changing of php coding required..