News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

Started by lochraven, April 08, 2009, 15:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochraven

I'm testing a live transaction with Authorize.net.

After submitting the order the following error shows:

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

There are no additional error codes to see what is happening.

One transaction actually went through successfully but the same error still showed up.

Any ideas?
Joomla 1.5.2  VM 1.1.0

lochraven

Update:

It seems that all transactions are going through now and I can see them with in my Authorize.Net account.

However, I am still receiving the 'Failure in Processing the payment'.

I really need to get this solved.  Is there a Debug mode to put this into to see why its failing on the VM side?
Joomla 1.5.2  VM 1.1.0

lochraven

Joomla 1.5.2  VM 1.1.0

dotlizard

Should also be noted that this error can result from AN returning a status code of 4, which is not dealt with in ps_authorize.

Status code 4 is 'held, pending review' and happens when you use Authorize.net's Fraud Detection Service.

The worst part about this is the order disappearing, while the transaction shows up on AuthNet.

My notes on fixing this are here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=46010.msg176812#msg176812 But they are incomplete. I still have to set language variables to communicate to customer that their order is pending, set up a different order status, and have ps_authorize set status to that.

lespaul74

Ok guys, I was getting the exact same error and after pulling out all my hair rechecking the vm configuration, hacking ps_authorize.php files, etc....turns out the problem was with my gateway. I spent hours testing the gateway, and all looked fine, but apperantly there was no connection between the processor (in my case Elavon, formerly NOVA) and Authorize.net

So, if your getting DECLINES and it says in your "unsettled transactions" in Authorize.net that the "Address was not being verfied (AVS)" it means its a bank/merchant ERROR. This is how u resolve:

1. Call your processor and get you BankID/Aquirer ID
2. Call authorize.net or whoever is your gateway
3. Give them the info

Thats it, it works now!!No messing w any VM issues....

Hope this helps.....
BTW, Evalon was realy responsive and on the ball....