News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping rates and Shipper (two big bugs with 1.1.3?)

Started by udjamaflip, March 19, 2009, 17:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

udjamaflip

Hi all,

Thought this should be raised to peoples attention:

1) If you are in extended layout and click on "shipping" -> "shipping rates" and then click on one of the rates to edit it, it opens the new ajax tab but you cannot click on it to edit the shipping rate, this can be rectified by swapping to simple layout.

2) Click on "shipping" -> "shipper" it seems there is a bug when trying to create a new one or edit an existing one (This might not be a bug, if so please tell me) when typing the name of the shipper it only dsplays the first letter of the name on the front end (and the backend when you press 'save') this happens if a string is turned into an array quite often. So if I type 'Royal Mail' it will save it as 'R' is this intended? If so how can I fix it?

Tryer

Problem 2 - This is not my work but appears elsewhere on these forums. It worked OK for me so thanks to the author. Note that the change must be made in two lines.

Go to: administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_shipping.php
change the WRONG line 113 and 138 ($fields = array( 'shipping_carrier_name' => vmGet($d["shipping_carrier_name"]),) with this line:
$fields = array( 'shipping_carrier_name' => vmGet($d, 'shipping_carrier_name'),
And the Shipping list will be OK...Massimo

michiganmedia

We found this same bug IN VM testing on 1.1.3 Joomla version 1.5.9 and we fixed it like stated her in the forum. 

I hope it gets fixed in next version.   

EquiProVM

What is "SVN"?  I am trying to correct the same problem without much luck.  I have the latest version of both Joomla and VM.

littlemissfifi