News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Vm and Paypal with only Japanese Yen as currency.

Started by purestore, March 18, 2009, 02:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purestore

Vm and Paypal with only Japanese Yen as currency.

I have also been around here reading, using suggestions and taking up on hints and tricks to solve the issues and also been in contact with Paypal. They could not solve my problems either and had not experienced a case like it, they said, and referred me back to VirtueMart support.
I thought I could share that experience with you by showing what I did and who helped me but first I would like to explain in some detail what was wrong.
I am using one currency only and that is Japanese Yen. Set up in Paypal module is:
Test mode ? No
Order Status for successful transactions: Confirmed
Order Status for Pending Payments: Confirmed
Accept only verified buyers? No
Order Status for failed transactions: Cancelled

Using paypal without coupon or special price worked fine using the original php code in the Paypal module, but as soon as I wanted to use these functions I experienced the following problems:
- When using the function coupon in vm I got the error message: 'The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.' Upon check out transferring from vm to Paypal page.This didn't happen every time but enough times to be forced not to use the coupon at all.
-When a payment went through the amount calculated by vm was different than the one appearing in Paypal when using coupon.
- When returning to my website from paypal I got error message: 'An error occured while processing your transaction. The status of your order could not be updated.' (occurred is miss spelt)
Needless to say that this experience was extremely frustrating, I finally found an answer to this problem that worked for me from the following post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=52507.0

Thank you!

Jan-Erik