Author Topic: Definitive solution for SH404SEF & Pagination please?  (Read 34694 times)

voycey

• Beginner
Definitive solution for SH404SEF & Pagination please?
« on: March 12, 2009, 23:26:40 pm »
Hi Guys,

I have tried to follow the threads on Siliana and on here with regards to fixing the pagination issue with virtuemart and SH404SEF - however there was so much back and forth between fixes that it got confusing.

I am not a n00b at this and I found it hard to follow so I dread to think what other people thought.

If I am being retarded and there is one around then by all means let me know.

My Setup is:
----------------
Joomla: 1.5.8
Virtuemart: 1.1.2
SH404SEF: 1.0.16_Beta - build_222 - Joomla 1.5.x

Could someone post a full step by step for this and Joomla 1.0 please? This is pretty critical to a website to have pagination for products that actually works!

woonydanny

Re: Definitive solution for SH404SEF & Pagination please?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 15:13:15 pm »
yes, i would like instructions too

Scar

• J-lux
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 16:21:12 pm »
I guess your pagination issue is this: When shifting to browse page 2, 3 or whatever it is impossible to go back to page 1, right?

Ok, here is a fix for this, manual but none the less a fix: Find the URL of your page 1, copy it and go to sh404SEF component. In View/Edit SEF URLs paste the URL in Filter field (only last part,  http://yoursite.com/index.php/copy/all/this.html). Now you should see a list of non-sef urls. One of them will contain "limit=20&limitstart=0", mark the corresponding checkbox and click "Duplicate URL". Once again you see all the non-sef URLs. Once again, mark the one containing "limit=20&limitstart=0", now click Main URL. Problem solved.

You might have to laborate some with what URL you want as your main URL, but this is basically the sollution.

Hope it helps!

**Was this helpful? Please help someone else in the forum. This way this forum will grow better and better.**

cristi

• Beginner
    • Custom Window Treatments
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 18:23:27 pm »
I thing I got a fix for this issue Here’s what I did:
1.In administrator panel go to sh404SEF.
2.Click on sh404SEF Configuration.
3.From the Configuration tab click on Plugins
4. Look for Virtuemart configuration in plugins page
5. Select to YES the option that says “Using Items per page drop-down list”
6. Save your settings
7. Purge SEF urls

Now your pages will look like this:
Domain.com/parts/Page-1-50.html
Domain.com/parts/Page-2-50.html
Domain.com/parts/Page-3-50.html
If you chose to display 50 items/page; If you have 20 items will be /Page-1-20.html. For 30 items /Page-1-30.html

voycey

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 20:49:53 pm »
Hi Guys,

None of those solutions work - im sure Scar's probably would but I have about 100 categories and there is no way I am going to sort out pagination on each one of them.

Cristi - your solution should work but unfortuantely it doesnt :(

Nirm

• Contributing Developer
    • Me, My Work and I
A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.
-------------------------------------
http://www.nirmoysomaia.com

Nirm

• Contributing Developer
    • Me, My Work and I
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 20:58:17 pm »
voycey - aha i see you have been there - sorry
A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.

voycey

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 21:04:19 pm »
The solutions on that page do not work.

Nirm

• Contributing Developer
    • Me, My Work and I
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 21:35:11 pm »
i'm using sh404 on my site without any problems on pagination. what is the pagination issue you have

Scar

• J-lux
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 21:38:47 pm »
@voycey: I didn't enjoy going through my categories either, but in compare to losing sales, it was worth it ten times over! I also look forward to a complete fix but as long as that doesn't exist, this is the best I can offer you.

voycey

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 21:41:54 pm »
pagination on virtuemart does not work with SH404SEF - no one seems to be sure if this is a virtuemart or as SH404SEF problem. Either way it is pretty critical for this to be working and I am certainly not the only person to have this problem

voycey

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 21:42:54 pm »
@voycey: I didn't enjoy going through my categories either, but in compare to losing sales, it was worth it ten times over! I also look forward to a complete fix but as long as that doesn't exist, this is the best I can offer you.

Well for now I have simply set the categories to display all of the products which is obviously not ideal but better than hacking it badly. Honestly I have 100's of categories with 100's of products in each of them - going through them is not an option - it needs to have a root cause fix!

Scar

• J-lux
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 21:46:31 pm »
Of course, but please observe that it is only the first page of the standard number of shown products you need to alter, all the rest will function properly. If you have 20 as standard, switching to 30 won't giva you a problem in the first place. So yes, you'll have to go through 100s of categories if you have more than 20 products in each category. Don't say you have to but consider your loading times as well, Google sure will. ;)

voycey

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 21:51:58 pm »
either way - I have non technical users adding categories each day - so your fix isnt really an option for me Im afraid - for others it may be fine.

can we try and keep to the point of this thread and find a root cause solution for this either in SH404SEF or Virtuemart.

Nirm

• Contributing Developer
    • Me, My Work and I
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 22:53:35 pm »
korb says on the siliana.com thread

"Hi guys,
In case you don't know, pagenavigation.class.php from VM 1,2 is not ok, please try with this file from VM 1,1,3.
Danny"

have u tried this