Author Topic: VirtueMart Analytics - Business Intelligence for VirtueMart  (Read 22238 times)

Tzvika

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Beginner
VirtueMart Analytics - Business Intelligence for VirtueMart
« on: March 11, 2009, 22:54:42 pm »
Hi All,

VirtueMart Analytics is a new component for VirtueMart that analyzes the raw data by using BI tools, providing you with new insights about the business.

Virtuemart Analytics automatically extracts the raw orders' data from your Virtuemart database, analyzes it and presents it in order to give you new insights about the operation and the market.

Successful businesses never stop analyzing and reevaluating their business performance, in order to understand the market trends and optimize resources investment.

Virtuemart Analytics uses Panorama's state of the art pivot table for analyzing the data. This is the same technology that Google is using for their spreadsheet's pivot table.

Using Virtuemart Analytics enables you to:

1.Analyze the raw data, make comparisons, detect patterns and discover trends.

2.Expose cause-and-effect relationships in your business, to help you optimize your business performance.

3.Gain a better understanding of market behavior and commercial context.

Almost instantly you will find answers to questions such as:

* What are the best selling regions?
    * What are the best selling products?
    * How do sales change over time in each region?
    * Which orders are in which status?
    * How do seasonal effects affect sales in different regions?
    * How do people use my coupons?

For more information, Please check http://www.interamind.com. Live demo is available.

Thanks,
Tzvika

Bruce Morgan

Re: VirtueMart Analytics - Business Intelligence for VirtueMart
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 16:00:04 pm »
So I visited your site and I am informed that the beta version will expire June 1st.  What then?  Will you be charging for a license after that date?

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

Tzvika

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 17:26:46 pm »
Aravot, Thanks, will do that.

Bruce, since the beta version, by nature, is not perfect and has some faults that will be fixed in the stable version, we decided that after may,31 when the stable version will be available, the component will stop functioning, and people that installed it will have to uninstall and install the new version. We will make sure that if someone used the beta and is happy with the component, they will get it for free, although it is a commercial component.

Tzvika

Bruce Morgan

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 17:41:33 pm »
Sounds fair.  However, I attempted to install the program and I received an error message that I needed change the permission of the file folder to 777.  I did this and tried again adn i get another error message that the directory is already in use.  Any ideas how to proceed next?

Bruce

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 17:56:24 pm »
I think when you tried to install it first time some files must have already been copied, hence when you try it for the second time, you get the message directory is already in use, BACKUP and deleting the directory and try to reinstall.

Bruce Morgan

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 18:01:16 pm »
Tried two more times with the same result.  Is there a way to instal manually?

Bruce

Tzvika

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 22:45:32 pm »
Bruce, Please contact me to tzvika@interamind.com and I will help you through this.

SwordFish

• Beginner
    • Interamind
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 08:57:14 am »
Hi Tzvika,
Can I generate financial reports for VirtueMart with this tool?
Does virtueMart analytics can export all the reports to excel?

Thanks,

Yoyo

Scar

• J-lux
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 22:35:22 pm »
Installed like a breeze. However, there is some inconsistance.

I try to analyze "Sent" orders from 1/11 2008 to 28/2 2009 per month. It shows a table starting with month 1, 2009, then month 11, 2008, 12, 2008 and last month 2, 2009. That is just what I noticed immediately, I'lll get back to you if I find something else.

Tzvika

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 22:47:03 pm »
presman, Actually, you can think about Panorama pivot table as a dynamic report generator. Once you created your report, you can save it as .CSV

Scar, Thank you for your comment. The month lexicographic sort problem is a known issue with the pivot table and I already showed it to the (excellent) guys from Panoram. I'm waiting for their reply and I'll share it with you when I'll get it.

Scar

• J-lux
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 11:26:10 am »
It's really a great tool.
Howcome it can only analyze complete months? I try to se my sales up til today but it won't allow me.

Tzvika

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 22:19:54 pm »
Scar, regarding the month sort issue, the guys from Panorama are aware of that. They expect to fix it in the next release which is due in about 2 month. Regarding your second question, the minimum resolution of the data is per month, but the data is taken according to the dates that you picked. For example, if you create a report with end date March,16 2009, you should see values in the report for month 3, 2009 that includes the orders/items in that month until March,16 2009 (assuming there are orders in March 2009). Try this, create a report with start date March,1 2009 and end date March,16 2009 and see if you get anything (again, you should have orders in this period).

Tzvika

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 22:33:20 pm »
BTW, this is the same for quarter and year.

Tzvika

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 18:29:58 pm »
Guys,

I'm happy to announce that VirtueMart Analytics v1.2 stable is now officially available.
As promised, anyone who installed the beta version can get the new version for free.
Earlier today we sent email with 100% discount coupon to all registered users. If you are registered user at www.InteraMind.com and did not received the email, Please contact me.

Tzvika

Tzvika