News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Developing the New FedEx Shipping Method for "Web Services"

Started by Bob Bloom, March 10, 2009, 03:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowmips

Currently, the module sends only the weight.  Calculating package sizes is a big can of worms for multiple item bundled packages.  In my UPSv2 module, this was handled for items that are shipped separately by sending the L/W/H for those packages only.  In other words, set the item as "unbundled" and choose to send its dimensions along with its weight.

I'd be happy to implement this feature in the FedExv2 module, after the base module development is paid for and an underwriter for the feature is procured.

-Reggie

ps. the base module has been %5 paid for as of today.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

mrjameswong

I realize that this is an old thread, but did this ever get resolved.

lowmips

This thread is very much alive and well.
The Fedexv2 module is available for purchase, until the module development is fully paid for.  At that point it will be publicly released.

-Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

lowmips

Just an update:
We're now at 10% towards releasing this module publicly.

Thank you to the donators.
-Reggie

lowmips

Update:
We're at 15% towards a public release. Thanks again donators!

-Reggie

knotworking

Can this module connect to a zebra printer (or other printer) and print shipping labels from within VM? Is there a feature list on this module? I tried to find answers to these questions, along with a way to pay for the module, on soulthlasalle and lowmips sites with no luck.

lowmips

Hi knotworking,
Currently, the module is very basic and only connects to the API to retrieve shipping rates.  In the future, once the module is publicly released, I'll begin soliciting sponsors for feature updates. 

Printing labels (part of the "advanced FedEx API") could possibly be one of those features.

Thanks,
Reggie

knotworking

That feature would be the clincher for my client putting up the money, that's the only thing they are willing to pay for (they charge a flat rate on shipping, so they don't need the module for rate calculations). Please post when that feature is available and I can guarantee one purchase (even say $50-$100).

baddkar

definitely interested in this, will it include tracking? say on the completed order in account maintenance, in the email to both admin and customer?

lowmips

Eventually, with funding, yes it will include tracking.

-Reggie

5rind

The module for Fedex by Reggie is well worth the $25.00. I am a newbie to Joomla and Virtuemmart. Reggie was VERY patient with me as I asked questions. I had trouble installing it, and Reggie found the problem Quickly (for a small fee). I am very impressed with his work. His treatment of customers/newbies is outstanding!! Please help support his work. I cannot wait to see what else he has for the Virtuemart software.

AnneKeefe

I'm jumping in here a year after this last post.  We are new to VM and can't get the ground shipping to work.  We are on version 1.1.5.  Would love to know what we need to do on our end to get this to work properly.  We send business to business and really need this to work.

lowmips