News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Paypal Autoship (recurring shipping)

Started by customgt, March 09, 2009, 04:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customgt

My joomla site has virtuemart, and we use paypal (it takes them into paypal to login and do the payment)

I want to integrate recurring shipping, ive looked thru some of the virtuemart pages, but im not sure where to start.

Can someone give me some pointers?

Thanks

mayotitech

I have been working on to develop my own solution to achieve the same thing. But my payment gateway was authorize.net

I can though give you a few pointers.

1. You need to display autoship selection drop down in the cart
2. You need to store the autoship selection value that is yes or no in the session
3. You need to add a code where you are notified by paypal for successful  payment. This code will use the user info submitted before to send a recurring billing request into the paypal. Upon success of this request you will store the recurring subscription id inside your database along with the order info.
4. You need to configure a notification receiving page which will recieve notifications from paypal on each recurring billing charged and based on it you will create a duplicate order entry into the virtuemart orders table based on the master order record.

I am not sure but I hope these pointers are helpful.

Although I am trying to develop a full blow extension that will cover autoship feature for authorize.net first and then i will try to cover paypal as well.
Regards,
www.mayotitech.com
www.twitter.com/mayotitech

5W0P3

@mayotitech - I just emailed you about this extension for J2.5 - i see that you completed it for J1.5

I need it for a J2.5 joomla.