Author Topic: Digital Download: Is the link supposed to be displayed in product details???  (Read 1870 times)

FayeC

Ok...this might sound silly but are the links to the digital downloads supposed to be listed in the product details?
I have 1 product that has 10 separate mp3 files associated with it.
All 10 files have been uploaded to the server via ftp. They are available in the drop down.
I have added the 10 mp3 files to the product media list.
When I go to the storefront, click on the product details link I get a page with the image, description and the list with the 10 mp3 files links.
The problem is that the links show the actual file name (i.e. 01_file_name.mp3) and each has a size of 0,00 KB.
When I click on the link it takes me to:
http://sitename.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=76&file_id=36&lang=en&page=shop.getfile&product_id=108
But the link is shown as broken (quicktime icon with a ?).
I was just wondering if this is the correct display of the items of if I missed something. The manual doesn't have a more in depth description or picture of how the page should look like when configured properly.
Also, is there a way to order the files or to make them take the file title instead of file name on the list? Right now each of the files has the format number_file_title.mp3 but the order by filename or file title is not being obeyed.
Anyhelp with this is appreciated.

FayeC

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Did you add the files as digital download files or additional files?
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

FayeC

They have all been added as digital download (to be sold!)files.
Is this the problem? Should they be additional files?
Each product is composed of 4 to 10 mp3 files.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

FayeC

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
No they are correct, they should be download files.

But that link should only appear if you have additional files.

I have tested and if you have download files link doesn't show, if you have additional files the link does show

Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

FayeC

I have double checked and the files are set as file for download. I have included a screenshot of the media manager. That file is one of the items listed under the following product detail page:
http://beverlylanzetta.net/AUDIO/VIDEO-LECTURES/The-Longing-Heart/flypage.tpl.html

All files have been added to the product using the same settings and they all appear listed under the product details with the (0,00 KB) size and the broken link .
Initially I thought that the reason the links were showing without size and broken was because the product hadn't been purchased.
So to be clear, the downloadable files added to a product should not show in the product's details page, correct?
Additional files do though?

Thank you for your help,

FayeC