Author Topic: Images do not appear on site  (Read 3219 times)

Bob L

• Beginner
Images do not appear on site
« on: March 03, 2009, 23:00:28 pm »
I'm a newbie to VM so please bear with me.

I'm using the Product Images tab to try to upload images. In that window I do have confirmations that it is writeable

/home/www/ . . . . /VirtueMart_1.1.2_eCommerce_Bundle_Joomla_1.5.8/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product :: Writeable
/home/www/ . . . ./VirtueMart_1.1.2_eCommerce_Bundle_Joomla_1.5.8/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/resized :: Writeable

When I upload both the full and thumbnail images browsing to the product folder where they are located the action seems to work but no images appear on the site.

The media column in the product list page indicates that both the full and thumbnail images are there. And I can see the actual images in the FileManager::Image/File List page.

They have also been transferred to the site and are both in the products folder.

The images do not appear on flypage however, clicking on the "View full size image" on the flypage does produce the pic.

Any idea what is going on?

A related upload problem might help although this may be something else altogether.

If I try to use the Auto Thumbnail button in adding an image I get a string of warning messages starting with

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to access /home/www/emeritaconsulting/VirtueMart_1.1.2_eCommerce_Bundle_Joomla_1.5.8/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/resized/S600_Tanning_Mis_49ada2547a8fd_90x90.jpg in /home/www/emeritaconsulting/VirtueMart_1.1.2_eCommerce_Bundle_Joomla_1.5.8/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/class.img2thumb.php on line 299

. . . . all relating to the classes folder and ending with
Error: The following image update command failed: move_uploaded_file

Thank you for any help you can offer. I haven't located a similar problem searching through here.

Tikkiro

Re: Images do not appear on site
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 18:37:07 pm »
Afraid I can't help - found your msg while searching for a solution to a pretty identical one on my site too - this has only happened with the latest version so wondering if there are more bugs yet to be ironed out with it?   Really regretting upgrading to it now as the older one never gave me any problems at all.  :(

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 19:07:21 pm »
Unbelievably, I have answered this several times within the last 2 weeks.

Please when posting, include a url to your site. The info you give may be valid, but it may not be all the info we need. As they say, a picture paints a thousand words.

But again, this sounds like a permissions error.

Please check your servers error log. You may find some entries, saying permissions error directory is writeable by group. This is normally because some of the directories have a 777 permission when they should have 755.

Which ones, your servers error log will tell you.
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Tikkiro

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 19:48:49 pm »
I've managed to get one problem sorted with the frontend images at least with that fix, thanks, but like Bob I continue to have an issue when trying to upload images for the categories - part of this I suspect (for me at least) is with having migrated across much of the content from the other database, but not some of the image locations perhaps - but this error comes in even when I copy in all the image descriptions to the same folders or upload images:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: in /home/kitsandc/public_html/J1.5/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/class.img2thumb.php on line 299

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: in /home/kitsandc/public_html/J1.5/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/class.img2thumb.php on line 299

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpzkCxYt' to '/home/kitsandc/public_html/J1.5/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/category/Christian_Cards_49b16da48673b.jpg' in /home/kitsandc/public_html/J1.5/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/imageTools.class.php on line 308
Error: The following image update command failed: move_uploaded_file
====================

Not sure if that helps you any in figuring it out a bit more perhaps??

This is resulting in an error at the frontend too obviously - site is held at:
Kits&Cards.  Be nice to get this one sorted too as I hate being beaten by something  :)  Thanks for your help.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 21:20:11 pm »
The images don't exists, just checked a direct url to them!

Just try reloadng the category images. i.e. delete from the backend and reupload.
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Tikkiro

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 22:27:04 pm »
Actually have discovered a more likely reason for my problems at least - read your reply to someone else somewhere else on the board where you mentioned about server space, and suddenly just remembered I'd had a server max limit email earlier today - had totally forgotten about it as I'd asked the Techs to push up my limit, but when I checked, that's not been done yet, so no wonder it can't upload anything - a miracle the sites still loading at all, as the guys have often warned me that it will just shut down when it goes over, but I'll just have to hang fire now until tomorrow and try again then and see if things improve.   If not, I'll do as you suggest and reload in everything new in the morning anyway.

Thanks for your patience  :)

Tikkiro

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 15:56:54 pm »
Just to confirm that it was indeed being out of space that has most likely been the cause of many of my problems - just in case anyone else finds that might help their situation.

Bob L

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 19:48:15 pm »
Thank you all. And Mark I'll include the URL from now on. I moved to another server and the image problem has resolved itself including the auto thumbnail. I have plenty of server space so it could be the memory allocation.