Author Topic: How to set up related products  (Read 23025 times)

pcinvent

• Beginner
    • PCinvent Studio
Re: How to set up related products
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 18:57:09 pm »
Does anyone has time to look at the AJAX code which is "product.ajax_tools" in administrator/com_virtuemart/html and see if anything we can do there, thanks!

Code: [Select]
index2.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=product.ajax_tools&task=getproducts&ajax_request=1&func=&no_menu=1&only_page=1&no_html=1&product_id=17&_dc=121442792841&start=0&limit=15&query=computer%20

arana

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2008, 16:22:34 pm »
i had a situation similar to this but in my case it was regarding ASSIGNING CATEGORIES to items,
the problem in my case (couldnt see any categories to assign to my items , vm showed only the dreaded searchbox) was that the category list turns into a searchbox if you have more than 200 categories so i changed it to 1200 (yes i will have that much), maybe it is the same case for you, if you have a new installation, witha few items it works, and if you have already imported all your items (many many) then the listbox turns to searchbox?, i dont have that problem of the related items (for now) but here is what i did to fix the category assignment issue (very similar) maybe can send you to the right direction, or change that box tom a dropdown or whatever

## Edit file: /...ts/com_virtuemart/html/product.product_form.php   

## category listbox was not showing in backend category assignment
## instead replaced with searchbox

##changed:
##line 256
##       if( $number_of_categories > 200 ) {

## to
##        if( $number_of_categories > 1200 ) {

## now it shows my listbox with everything inside it, no searchboxes

so maybe try searching for something similar in your case, maybe a hardcoded limit.

Richard King

• Beginner
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2009, 12:24:18 pm »
OK we have looked and searched for an answer on this one, and we keep drawing blanks

In admin, when ading or modifying a product the related product AJAX search - no results in drop down

I have cloned the JSON file and renamed all the variables (to rule out a conflict) - no joy

I have disabled  all the other plugins and modules - same - no joy

We are not using the AZUL module for anything (not installed ever)

We have uninstalled all components other then virtuemart (JCE, ArtForms, CSV improved, JPACK) - stil the same

We have also tried typing in the category description etc..

Is there a Non AJAX version of this script (product_ajax_tools)?
Has anyone else resolved this issue?

Richard