Author Topic: Confirmation Email  (Read 5655 times)

_fouad_

• Beginner
Confirmation Email
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:26:37 pm »
Bonjour,

I have a trouble with my Virtuemart: The thing is that my shop send confirmation Email before payment. And this cause a question of the customer: I have paid, Why I have the status as pending?
So, Is there a way to make virtuemart send confirmation email after payment with a status = confirmed.
P.S : the answers that I found to that issue on the forum did not convince me.

Regards

Webdongle

Re: Confirmation Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:40:29 pm »
Status pending refers to the fact that the order has been recieved

Confirmed refers to the fact that reciept of payment has been confirmed.

Cancelled means that you have cancelled the order.

Refund refers to the fact that you have refunded the money to their account.

Shipped means that you the goods have been dispached and are on their way.

You choose the wording in the mail for each method.  At each stage of the process you update the info and (if wanted have the notification mail sent).

When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets  :'(

_fouad_

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:30:20 am »
Ok, But where can I choose the Email be sent or not?

Webdongle

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 12:15:44 pm »
In the attached

1.  where to find it

2. click to view

3. change status.

you can edit the messages for each 'List Order Status Types'.  and if you look aroud there you can 'Add Order Status Types'

[attachment cleanup by admin]

_fouad_

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:47 pm »
Oh I see, Thanks,
But you misunderstood me.
So what is the process:
1- A Customer made an order.
2- The VM send an Email with a status Pending.
3- The user is redirected to a page to pay the order.
4- After payment, the VM show a message confirming the order.
What I need is a 5th step: The VM send AUTOMATICALLY an Email with a status Confirmed.
What you show me is doing that by hand. And It is not the suitable solution for me. Because there will be a lot of orders and it is hard to keep track of all orders.

Bruce Morgan

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 16:01:36 pm »
I think you have a misunderstanding about the process.  I may be wrong but I believe the enmail to the customer is the last step of the process.  You have the option of selecting what status orders will be assigned after completion of checkput.  This is done via the VM configuration.  If you select "confirmed" all posted orders will go to that staus upon co completion of checkout.  You may changed the staus to shipped at the approprioate time.

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

_fouad_

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 17:02:12 pm »
No no, The fact is that virtuemart send email of confirmation before the payment (so with status=Pending).
I have tested this.
Now I need to configure sending automatically Email after payment (with status= confirmed).

thanks

Webdongle

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 19:01:09 pm »
I think it is you that misunderstands.

1.  The customer completes order in checkout.

2.  The customer gets an auto email listing the order.

4.  You change the status of the order.

5.  When you pack the goods and dispatch them, then you alter the status.  You decide if that status is auto emailed or manualy chosen to mail the customer or not.

You have to tell VM that you have dispatched the order or cancelled it, then you choose to let the customer know what stage of the process it is at. ie still pending, cancelled or packed and dispatched.

VM only knows that a customer has ordered.  VM does not know that you have sent the order.  If you do not alter the status when you have sent an order, then it will still say pending.  If you do not alter the staus yourself then next time you look at VM you will not know what orders are still pending and which you have dispatched.

I can not explain it more clearley than that.

_fouad_

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 12:44:55 pm »
:) HI

Let me explain my idea.
in step 2, VM actualy send an email with status "pending". And this is the problem.
A user that has payd get an email with status pending and it is confusing. Because he have already payd the fees by card (that's the case I have).
After paiment, VM alter the status of the order from pending to Confirmed but WITHOUT notifiying the user.
So what I need is just make VM send the email of step 2 after the payment process (so it will be sent with status = confirmed not pending).

Webdongle

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 13:43:49 pm »
Duhh

VM can not auto send confirmation mail unless you tell VM the staus has changed.  You have to tell VM that you Confirm that you can complete the order.  Comformation is not comfirming reciept of the order... it is conformation that you have acccepted the order ie it is confirming that you have looked at the Pending order and decided not to cancel it or refund the money.

VM does not know what you have decided to do with the pending order until you tell it. Computer programs are not mind readers.

Go to your list of Orders then when you decide to accept an order tick (check) the 'notify customer' box then change the status to confirmed.

Or if you cancel the order (you may be out of stock or the customers payment failed) tick (check) the 'notify customer' box then change the status canceled.

I have not found anywhere to make 'notify customer' the default option.

In a production enviroment you will have printed out the orders and picked the goods.  Those print outs will then be written on or stamped by the picker, then the picker or someone else will change the status to confirmed in the VM orders list.

In a production enviroment when the the goods have been packed and dispatched the printouts will be writtten on or stamped.  Someone from the dispatch department will update the status in the VM orders list from the paper work.

If you want a mail sent to the customer then the person who updates the VM order list ticks the box.

That is a tried and tested method.  If you want to try another method then you can delete the status types and create your own.

If VM were to auto comfirm then it would be confirming acceptance of the order before the order was picked.

risko

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 15:25:21 pm »
I think what best way to do it is investigate where is the place where is status changed from pending to confirmed and insert email notification in this place. It is depend on your payment module you are using.

Webdongle

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 18:14:02 pm »
I think what best way to do it is investigate where is the place where is status changed from pending to confirmed and insert email notification in this place. It is depend on your payment module you are using.

Nope, he is confusing the definition of pending and confirmed.  He thinks that when the customers order and pay that a conformation mail should be sent.

Pending = order recieved and is pending action on it.

either:
Conformation = order has been approved..... and then Shipped = packed and on its way.

or:
Cancelled = cancelled goods will not be sent..... and then Refunded= money has been refunded to the customer.

_fouad_

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 15:47:08 pm »
Here again :)
I've added a statut "payed". that should mean that the user had payed the order. This is done before the goods are shipped you know.
VM do update automatically the status of an order from "pending" to "payed". So I need that when this update happen,VM send automaticaly an notification email. I don't know how to generate the email. Maybe someone has done this before me..
thanks

vjtemplates

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
    • VJ Templates
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 18:18:13 pm »
VirtueMart Templates

http://www.vjtemplates.com

rayon

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 21:50:10 pm »
Hi
I undertand fouad because we sel pdf or files and we don't need to pack, we don't need to check inventory so this is no value work to confirm each order manually in order to force VM to send e-mail to the client then he can download his file.
When we sel downable products we should have the flexibility to configure VM to switch automaticly from pending to confirmed.
So my question is: it is possible with VM this kind of config?
Thanks
rayon