Author Topic: Display Options Tab - An explaination  (Read 27352 times)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Display Options Tab - An explaination
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:38:01 am »
I hope this explains the working of the display options tab.

The tab has two functions.

1 to determine how child products are displayed
2 to determine how the quantity box is displayed

I'll deal with the quantity box first as this relates to all products.

Quantity Box
I think they are quite self explanatory.

1. Standard quantity box.
This is the box with the small up and down arrows for quantity selection.

2. Hide quantity box.
This means that the child product will always be added to the cart. Perhaps if  you are offering a master product with optional extras. You obviously don't want the customer not to add the master product.

3. Drop down Box.
This can have two uses.
1. to have a simple drop down list of values.
2. to enable a set quantity to be selected e.g. you supply in multiples of 4 so you have a step of 4. This means the quantities will be 0, 4, 8, etc

4. Check box
Just a simple box to select to select the product. e.g. music sales where you are picking tracks from an album.

5. Radio Box
used when you have a choice of options but only want 1 to be selected at a time.

Obviously the values are there for when using the drop down box.

Extra ID's
Above the quantity selection is a box called extra id's to include. This can be used to add extra products to any product, not just child products. An example of this is a product that has batteries. You also sell batteries in another category. Using this option you can add the batteries to the product so that the customer can buy the product and the batteries at the same time.

You have to enter the product id's for the products you wish to add. Using SKU's would have meant another query and would slow down processing time. Just include as many as you require sepearted by commas.

Child Product Section

Override Display values is explained in the text. If this is checked the child products quantity box will use the parents value. This just allows for consistency in how the children are displayed. Instead of having to set each child separately it wil use the parents value.

Use List Box.
Instead of having the default drop down selection of individual children you can have a list and select 1 or more children without leaving the products page.

Display child descriptions.
As the children can be different from the parent e.g. the parent product is used as a container for separate products it can be useful to display the short description for each child.

Child description and attribute widths are % of the width to use for displaying these values.

Child Class Suffix
This is used to enable different css formatting to be applied to the lists.
(I'll explain all the css in another post)

There are 2 types of list. 1 add to cart button per child or 1 add to cart button for all children.

Display table header
This will, as it says, display the table header.

Link to Child
This allows each child to have a link to it's own product page.

Include Product Type.
This allows product types to be displayed with the child if it is separately defined.

This is very quick and abridged version of what should be in the manual. I hope it explains the options.

Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

standby

• Beginner
Re: Dispaly Options Tab - An explaination
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 21:33:58 pm »
3. Drop down Box.
This can have two uses.
1. to have a simple drop down list of values.

How I set a list of values like 100,1000,2500,5000,10000?

Thanks

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 21:41:30 pm »
You cant!!!!

It is designed for stepped values not a predefined list of values.
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

cseke18

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 11:39:52 am »
Good morning! I have found now, the child list for VM1.0, but our
VM is 1.1 with hoomla template1.5 greenshape www.pet-shop.hu
I have downloaded it, but i could'nt add it to the template..the answer
is that there is no settlement file..Pls help
Thks Andrea

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 13:15:11 pm »
VM 1.1 does not need a mod installed, it is built into the core!

You just have to set up the products and set the appropriate values in the child options tab!!
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

mckayc

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 22:35:27 pm »
You have a great explanation of extra IDs, but I have never been able to get this to work.  If I add an ID number to this field then look at the product, it is exactly the same.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there anything more I have to do besides adding the ID number?

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:39:45 pm »
There was a problem with extra id's in the current version of VM. This has been corrected for VM 1.1.4.
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Sid.

• Beginner
    • SidFilmz
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 03:45:26 am »
Where would a guy look if he wanted to set this Hide Quantity Box Option as the default for all new products added?  That way our store admin isn't forced to change this every time they add a new product.

2. Hide quantity box.
This means that the child product will always be added to the cart. Perhaps if  you are offering a master product with optional extras. You obviously don't want the customer not to add the master product.

jimjimmiejames

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 15:39:03 pm »
Where would a guy look if he wanted to set this Hide Quantity Box Option as the default for all new products added?  That way our store admin isn't forced to change this every time they add a new product.

anyone who can answer this?

marsy1969

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 08:30:13 am »
I have set 'Add to Cart Button for each Child' in Display Options for the parent, but I see no buttons. I am using the default theme + JA-ZEOLITE template from Joomlart:

http://prague.directrouter.com/~cortinas/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&lang=en

Can't seem to work this one out!

marsy1969

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 17:10:17 pm »
it seems that the 'parent' product must have a price for the 'add to cart' buttons to appear in the child list.