Author Topic: Offline/POS orders  (Read 4336 times)

lcdservices

• Beginner
Offline/POS orders
« on: March 19, 2008, 14:28:36 pm »
I *really* would like to see the ability to handle new customers/orders through the backend, in order to process orders received by mail or phone. This seems like a huge gaping hole in VM's capabilities, and also doesn't seem like it should be overly painful.

The interface for managing customers already exists, including the ability to add a customer (we would need to disable the email address as a required field -- many orders by mail/phone don't include an email address).

The ability to edit an existing order, including adding products to the order, already exists. So the only functionality needed is the ability to create a new order from that customer interface.

If anyone has hacked these things, please let me know. If any developers out there would be interested in tackling these issues for a modest sum (I'm working with a not-for-profit, but would definitely be willing to put some monetary backing behind this), please let me know.

Naturally the project is hot...

-Brian

kbwm1973

• Beginner
Re: Offline/POS orders
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 19:10:05 pm »
Brian, if you get any word on this, would you let me know?  I have the same need, and same $ restraints (not-for-profit).   Also, I found this product.  Not sure if I'm going to use it, but if I do and it is successful I'll let you know.

http://www.grafica-pixel.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=5&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=4

Super-Sean

• Beginner
Re: Offline/POS orders
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 11:00:53 am »
Unless you have a specific need to track customer sales, I would suggest that you create an email address (and user) for general use in this case.

e.g.
email address of: offlinesales@yourdomain.com
and user name of: offlinesales

When you get a sale without an email address, simply use this email/user to process the sale.

Of course, from a marketing standpoint, its almost inexcusable not to get an email address for your leads so, add an email field to your mail and phone order forms!

Another tip, switch your VM registration mode to 'silent' and when you process these offline orders, VM will send a welcome email to the new customer with login details to the account you created for them... you'll be surprised how well this works as an incentive to check out your site and order again!