Author Topic: One page checkout  (Read 95874 times)

stinga

• Contributing Developer
    • Squangle ltd
Re: One page checkout
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2011, 21:37:05 pm »
mic2mic...
That'll be why I said... "then removed the confirm stuff from the last page"

:-)

On the other hand I never tested that, I have yet to see anyone add another address, I think I would just remove that option. Your situation maybe different.

I have worked for years with IS systems and you can never please all the people all the time and while J!/VM does a fantastic job of trying to do that, there are areas where it fails and there is never going to be a solution because once there is people will then say it is too slow or difficult to configure.
I treat J!/VM as a nearly done shop it does 99% of what I need and the other 1% I need to hack or modify to my needs.
You do that or you change your business model to fit the software
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

maxispin

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2011, 17:42:37 pm »
Hi,
is there any free code for one page checkout? The simpler the better.

I'd like to list everything in one page (address / prodcuts / final price)

I really would appreciate if it would be part of VirtueMart.
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

lindapowers

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    • Venta de naranjas online y mandarinas
  • Skype Name: manu.gonzalez91
  • VirtueMart Version: Latest avi
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 21:22:44 pm »
Most of you speak of one page checkout as if this was an urgent update needed for VM.

I think VM fails in some things but the checkout process is really well though and configurable.... of course you can have one page checkout... there are more than 2 commercial products for that...

One page checkout great, the problem is that the page is 3 times larger than the normal checkout template.

I bet most of the users requesting one page checkout have not really tested the impact with "typical" customers, if 90% e-commerce solutions use steps for checkout is for a reason and I loled at master13 comment, 50% users abandoning the cart for having 3 or 4 steps :D

The customer has to see all the information on the checkout process without clicking tabs or scrolling down, thats where all this "one page checkouts" fail.

VM shows all the steps, makes it easy for the customer and you can even remove some of them, loosing customers for clicking next and taking 30 secs for that?

Please tell me what you smoke  ;D

maxispin

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2011, 20:45:16 pm »
Lindapowers, if that is not a problem for you, it is a problem for me.

Reason:  The checkout page doesn't list normal information that Any customer would like to see Before confirming purchase.

- Ordered products and their costs
- Shipping costs
- Grand Total (shipping costs + product prices)

This information is available only after confirmation email. That is not very customer friendly.

Payment method: Bank transfer.

at least my system misses possibility to have ready calculation for Grand Total. (Cart doesn't show shipping costs)

lindapowers

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    • Venta de naranjas online y mandarinas
  • Skype Name: manu.gonzalez91
  • VirtueMart Version: Latest avi
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 22:01:07 pm »
I see all the information on the first step of the checkout and even before on the basket, obviously I don't see payment method as I prefer the system to say "choose your payment method"

I imagine one of your 60 year old customers dealing with your "one page checkout".

Instead of asking for a free code why don't you buy one of the 2000 "one page checkout's" available.

The checkout lists information in logical steps, so yeah I can understand the VM developer that decided that back in the day.

Bruce Morgan

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2011, 16:57:07 pm »
I think one of the posters commented that he had a 50% cart abandonment rate and offered that as evidence that the checkout process should be shorter.  Actually from what I have been able to learn, a 50% abandonment rate is pretty typical even with excellent web design.  I changed to a two step checkout process (three if you include registration) and Am fairly happy with it.  I cannot see that it impacted my abandonment rate in any way so I do not beleive there is anything worng with the stnadard foru step process.

One thing I would put out there is that the standard checkout with a funnel visualization gives you a much better idea of WHY people are abandoning the cart.  I learned that high shipping charges were causing me to lose orders and I never would have learned that if I had not started with standard checkout.

On this same topic I also tried silent registration or a time and dumped it.  It does not shorten the prcess to any real extent and it eliminates your ability to track users who are serious enough to start the process.  As it is now I follow up with every user who registers and begin checkout but does not complete it.  Mt followup probably converts 20-25% of those people to customers.  I think when you talk about an e-commerce web site it is good to discriminate between what is possible and what is a good idea if you are rying to make money with your site.

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

maxispin

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2011, 09:10:46 am »
## Linda

I see all the information on the first step of the checkout and even before on the basket

I have to check my system if there is something I have broken.

Instead of asking for a free code why don't you buy one of the 2000 "one page checkout's" available.

Well, none of your business. Maybe I am penniless and willing to learn.

## Bruce

One thing I would put out there is that the standard checkout with a funnel visualization gives you a much better idea of WHY people are abandoning the cart.  I learned that high shipping charges were causing me to lose orders and I never would have learned that if I had not started with standard checkout.

On this same topic I also tried silent registration or a time and dumped it.  It does not shorten the process to any real extent and it eliminates your ability to track users who are serious enough to start the process.  As it is now I follow up with every user who registers and begin checkout but does not complete it.  Mt followup probably converts 20-25% of those people to customers.  I think when you talk about an e-commerce web site it is good to discriminate between what is possible and what is a good idea if you are trying to make money with your site.

I love your profoundness and the idea you present! Thank you very much!

Simple things make you clever. Registrants vs. orders (or non finished checkouts). Thanks for sharing!

mic2mic

• Beginner
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2011, 16:38:36 pm »
Well, it's pretty difficult for me to implement it in the way I want. First of all I have to take into account the case where the customer has javascript turned off. So it has to work without dynamic updating, although ajax would be a welcome add-on. But for the time being, I have implemented a two-page checkout where I have to take care of this: A user may have entered two shipping addresses in different countries. I have to hack the code in order to show him all the different shipping and payment options that are valid for both countries, but also make sure that he selects the options that correspond to the shipping address he chooses. I have coded several hacks to achieve this and I have missed very much a simple conditional logic which would do all that work for me. One and even two page checkout in Virtuemart is so dysfunctional that it only applies to the most basic of the configurations.

PolishedGeek

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Joomla! Innovation Refined.
    • Polished Geek, LLC - Joomla! extensions, web development & custom integrations
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2011, 02:42:49 am »
Hi,

I dont know if some one has mentioned this module. But Im using One Page Checkout module from Polished Geeks, and I think it works great.
You can find it at https://polishedgeek.com/paid-extensions/one-page-checkout-module.html

And if you want an example of the module you can see it on my site (it's in swedish though but click on the right side where it says Varukorg after you have placed an product in the basket.) at www.afrostore.se

Regards
Anni

Thanks for the post, Anni! We really appreciate you sharing it here. :)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

llopez_photojeepney

• Beginner
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2011, 03:14:14 am »
awesome OPC extension by rupostel.com! great support!

dixonmd

• Beginner
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2012, 12:05:53 pm »
How we can enable build-in single page checkout?
I am using VM 2.0.2 and Joomla 2.5

PolishedGeek

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Joomla! Innovation Refined.
    • Polished Geek, LLC - Joomla! extensions, web development & custom integrations
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2012, 14:19:10 pm »
You're going to need to use one of the commercial extensions for this. The "single page" checkout in VM2, well.... it isn't really a single page, unless the buyer is a repeat customer who is already logged in. New customers get very confused by having to click on each section to fill in their information. The multi-step, multi-page checkout process is easier to follow for customers, so I don't know of anyone who is using the VM2 one page checkout out-of-the-box as it is by default.

Depending on the functionality you need, the LineLabs plugin is dead simple and pulls together the native VM2 functionality into a single page. The Rupostel one page checkout solution is more full-featured, providing extra functionality beyond what's in VM2 already. But it will take longer to set up and configure. 
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!