Author Topic: One page checkout  (Read 95814 times)

tvigar

• Beginner
Re: One page checkout
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 15:45:42 pm »
What do you suggest to use?

Richard

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 00:22:10 am »
Subscribed, like many others this is a top priority feature for me.

aravot

• Peter
  • Quality&Testing Team
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 22:30:41 pm »
Single page checkout is in development if testing phase goes smooth, it would be available next week, demo is available at http://www.uswinedepot.com

scud

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 11:23:00 am »
fantastic news! I'm looking forward to this release!

tondelo

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 20:45:52 pm »
Just signed up on the website to be notified when it's done.

aravot

• Peter
  • Quality&Testing Team
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 21:43:48 pm »
For those who have not subscribe to our newsletter we offered 3 FREE licenses to the first 3 users  who report  one or more bugs before Single Page Checkout is released, (due next week) report bugs in our forum.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 04:03:07 am »
I posted this on your forum as well:

Well, the biggest thing for me is having ACCURATE shipping data.
This is the largest downfall to single page checkout when not using ajax.

YOU NEED AJAX to run the server side scripting without page refresh!

The issue is, as a return customer, I may already have a second address entered in... say MY PARENTS, who live 3500 miles away from me.

But the shipping quote is given to me based on my bill address. Clicking one of the other address does not cause my to get updated and accurate shipping values to ship to my parents address.

This is inherently not good. I would never use/recommend this in this state for my clients, as I want them to make sure they are getting accurate shipping data from UPS, USPS, FedEX, DHL, etc for their clients.. not over or under charging... in some cases (depending on weight) this could be DRAMATIC difference!

Please, keep going guys, and come up with a solution with AJAX that fetches data realtime based on shipping address selection changes. To me, this is the biggest NEED.

Secondly, the same goes for TAX! I have to change tax in CA, but not when shipped elsewhere  So, I expect my tax to be altered on the fly based on shipping address selection, without page refresh (as in true one page checkout!), so that a user does not pay, or does pay accordingly!

Essentially, this just won't work for most cases, my opinion

aravot

• Peter
  • Quality&Testing Team
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 06:01:17 am »
Some of the issues are not related to Single Page checkout but VirtueMart its self those being accurate calculation of shipping data such us UPS, USPS and etc...

As for the rest, it seems you haven't checkout out my demo site, as ajax is used update tax, address change and other related info.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 06:31:38 am »
I did use your demo site: demouser

Using Chrome

The only thing that changes on the checkout page is the confirmation section, and it only changes the shipping total between the original three choices I am presented with. So I select one of the three, and it alters.

But, no shipping changes based on change in shipping address radio, or tax (but that may be because you don't have CA tax set?)

Try it yourself! Login with demo user, checkout, and select between the different shipping address options (default and the other ones). I just added one in CA to make sure I was correct.

In selecting a new shipping address, it should re-fetch the data from the table and from DHL (in your case), but nothing like that happens for me. Just the same original shipping costs that were originally loaded when I first enter checkout page.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 00:20:21 am »
It's a nice idea if you don't want your users to be able to ship to a different address other than their billing.

This wouldn't work for any of my clients. My clients need their users to be able to ship to addresses other than their billing. (A gift, different drop point, etc)

YourHoop

• Beginner
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 03:28:20 am »
Dittos to shipping rates updating based on shipping address selected.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 03:45:58 am »
As I understand it, though I have not checked myself, aravot's signle page checkout does in fact do this.

His test site does not have table rates that differ, or a live shipping server available to test this, hence why it "looks" like it doesn't work. But from all conversations I've had with him since, this is in fact integrated correctly.

It's a very reasonably priced addition: http://extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=6&sobi2Id=364&Itemid=

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2010, 20:29:17 pm »
You don't have to agree with me. It's not a question of "if" it really matters. You can test it. I have FedEx set up where it retrieves cost based on weight and address from FedEx during checkout (not table rates, but live FedEx rates server).

This example is for a 2 pound object for $15.00 shipping to the same town the store is located in.
  FedEx Home Delivery - ($15.43)
  FedEx Express Saver - ($35.80)
  FedEx 2Day - ($37.15)
  FedEx Standard Overnight - ($45.69)
  FedEx Priority Overnight - ($49.70)
  FedEx First Overnight - ($80.94)

This example is for the same 2 pound box shipping to my parents, still in the USA, 3000 miles away.
  FedEx Home Delivery - ($20.85)
  FedEx Express Saver - ($48.28)
  FedEx 2Day - ($53.78)
  FedEx Priority Overnight - ($83.95)

Two things to notice here.
1. The shipping options have been limited because of the remote location of town my parents live (FedEx is doing that live). You will notice 2Day and Standard Overnight are not available. You wouldn't know this without the proper shipping address for FedEx to calculate.
2. The other is the 25% shipping cost difference (over $5.00 more) for the basic Home Delivery Rate, and as you can see, the other rate differences only increases in spread! By the time you look at Priority Overnight, the differene is 40% more in Ship Costs!

Now th above example was for just a 2 pound object... pretty light. Lets take a look at a heavy object. The Ship To address will be the same as the above example

This example is for a 72 pound box. Again, this is shipping to the same town as the store is located.
  FedEx Express Saver - ($95.90)
  FedEx 2Day - ($107.27)
  FedEx Standard Overnight - ($155.95)
  FedEx Priority Overnight - ($179.78)
  FedEx First Overnight - ($226.87)

And once again, I change the address to my parents home 3000 miles away, but still in USA.
  FedEx Express Saver - ($250.65)
  FedEx 2Day - ($320.99)
  FedEx Priority Overnight - ($431.88)

Once again a difference in price, and you'll notice this time the price difference is even more dramatic, at way more than double the price! And likewise, I have even less options from FedEx to ship to my parents, when they consider the weight + address.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I want to make it clear to others that correct address shipping when dealing with live ship rates makes a BIG difference. It's not a question of opinion.

tank180

• Beginner
    • Joomla Shed
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2010, 04:21:04 am »
aravot

Your product is not a one page check out but a two page check out. After you click on check out how many pages do you have to go through if you are not logged in? 1- register  2- checkout. Other wise it looks good. A true one page check out should have all info entered on one page no register or login first.

Just my opinion
Free Joomla Templates:joomlashed.com

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2010, 05:48:43 am »
It's likely the closest you'll get to 1 page with VM 1.1x