News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Big problem with small devices

Started by doorknob, April 23, 2009, 02:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

Accessing the site with a BlackBerry mobile triggers the following message "wz_tooltip.js must be included INSIDE the body section, immediately after the opening <body> tag." just as the home page completes loading. It's a good way to make sure the visitor bounces straight off and doesn't come back.

mainframe.class.php line 362 loads a script into the html flow. It seems to me that what's needed here is that instead of loading this script in this way, a second script is needed that will attach the first script to the body tag?

J1.5.10 VM 1.1.3 (build 1723)

Regards
Phil

aravot

I have always wondered how Virtuemart looks on mobile device, unfortunately I don't have any, hope someone else is able to find a fix or create a mobile friendly template for Virtuemart.

jenkinhill

Using the Google browser on my G1 phone (running Android) I was able to use a VM site OK to complete a purchase and to manage the backend. I could not edit the full decription for a product, though. But this is a known problem with some browsers.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

doorknob

My Nokia works ok but my daughter's BlackBerry crashes the site (at least it did until I trapped mobiles and diverted them to a Mickey Mouse splash page). The nature of the error message from the BlackBerry indicates that the wz_tooltip.js file should be loaded in a very specific way and clearly vm is not doing that. The underlying cause of all this trouble is the simplistic way that some devices handle JS. None the less, the devices are out there and we should cater for them.