News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

MOD to resolve "payments not accepted in USD"

Started by w259lkt, February 03, 2009, 14:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akaii

I get the same message using XPF (New Caledonia). Can somebody help please.
Whatismore I get this strange input in the text field
http://screencast.com/t/NjlhYzQ1ZmM

dinos

For all the people that cant get this to work try to replace all the Payment Extra Info on with the extrainfonew.txt and not to add it to the code.

Just replace all the code with the one provide it...

@w259lkt. You are the MAN! It works like a charm.

Thanks

Dinos

jamiemac

Hi,

I'm running a site working in BRL - am getting the error "payments not accepted in EUR".

Tried this mod and many other things - but without luck?

Any suggestions to where the issue is?

Thanks Jamie

ikaspars

OMG, thank you, you saved a lot of headache

Uriel

Yup Same old message here. Tried everything step by step.

Virtuemart 1.1.4
Joomla 1.5

Store Currency ZAR
Paypal Currency US Dollar

Any advice ?
Managing Member of Hosting-Webdesign http://www.hosting-webdesign.co.za

nikki_c

I have tried this and came up with the same error as Uriel

Virtuemart 1.1.4
Joomla 1.5

Store Currency ZAR
Paypal Currency US Dollar

I did notice that I do not have a currency_convert.php file - could this be the problem? If so how do I resolve it?

bossies

w259lkt YOU REALLY DA MAN!!!

Using Virtuemart 1.1.4 and Joomla 1.5.17 - and i am past that bl@dy warning message from Paypal - Now just figure out the Sandbox to test the whole thing.

but THANKS again for getting over one more obstacle and one step closer to a paypal website in South Africa!

bossies

w259lkt and for all that seems to still have a problem.  I have tested this and it worked fine when people buy small orders on the test site and we charge shipping.  Then i tested a big order that is free shipping and once more i receive the dreaded message This recipient either does not accept payments denominated in... bla bla bla.

then i changed the config that when someone buys big we only charge R5 shipping - just as long as you pass a amount bigger than 0 - it works.

Thus w259lkt - I am not a coder but there seem to something wrong with the module when the shipping is 0.  Perhaps its because it passes the total amount with shipping to Paypal.  So for now I will keep testing with a small amount of shipping, but it would be great if you can have a look at the module and "fix" the passing of 0 shipping.

i would like to build a download shop where there would be no shipping and thus the module would probably also don't work.

Sorry it I am wrong in my findings, but if i am write and you can fix this, it would a lot of people in South Africa and other countries that is not supported with Paypal.

Once again thanks for the work done so far!

darkcity

Quote from: bossies on June 06, 2010, 08:28:27 AM

Thus w259lkt - I am not a coder but there seem to something wrong with the module when the shipping is 0.  Perhaps its because it passes the total amount with shipping to Paypal.  So for now I will keep testing with a small amount of shipping, but it would be great if you can have a look at the module and "fix" the passing of 0 shipping.
i would like to build a download shop where there would be no shipping and thus the module would probably also don't work.

Quote from: Reincha on July 25, 2009, 22:56:29 PM
i have a problem: everything works except when customer pays i receive e-mail:
----
PayPal IPN Error: Order Total/Currency Check failed:

Are these two issues resolved by someone? Especially this 0 shipping bug.

darkcity

Here's my solution to these issues mentioned earlier and plus third problem where conversion is not made.

Regarding 0 shipping I modified payment extra info (file attatched). On line 68: $tmp_a and $tmp_s are now updated even if shipping is 0.

To resolve PayPal IPN Error: Order Total/Currency Check failure I have only a workaround. It bypasses converted payment failure check.
Use at your own risk!

File notify.php has to be modified:
Look for // AMOUNT and CURRENCY CODE CHECK and replace everything before $mailsubject = "PayPal IPN Error: Order Total/Currency Check failed";

if ($db->f('order_currency') == EEK) {
$mc_gross_result = $amount_check = round($db->f("order_total"), 2 );
$currency_code_result = EEK;
}
else {
$mc_gross_result = $amount_check = round($db->f("order_total"), 2 );
$currency_code_result = EUR;
}                             
if( $mc_gross_result != $amount_check || $currency_code_result != $db->f('order_currency') ) {

And there was the third problem :) as users Uriel and nikki_c point out. Conversion isn't happening.
For that, attatched payment_extra_info has been modified on line 46 (after the comment).

In my case everything works now in VM 1.1.4

[attachment cleanup by admin]

m.a.c

Bueno, se que ya pasó tiempo desde esta respuesta pero el problema se me presentó a mi en este año y mes, así que para toda la banda mexicana y hispañohablante (sease, que hablan español) lo que solucionó mi problema, estoy usando la versión 1.1.5 de virtuemart, encontré en la red una traducción que ha sido mas que suficiente y ahora es mucho mas facil.
Me encontré que no podía integrar paypal por un error:

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in WS_Error_XClick_Pref_Foreign_Currency. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

Cuando lo vi, me espanté, mas, porque no entendí nada, ya buscando en la red me encpntré la respuesta al inicio de este post listada que no intenté por lo complicado del asunto, así que busqué un poco mas y entre prueba y error lo único que hice fué:

Como el problema es el "Currency" (tarifa) el sistema lo único que pregunta es que tarifa es la que se cobrará por cada cargo, hay un choque porque no está especificada y menos, entre que y que se cambiará, me explico, cobras en pesos o en dolares? y en paypal, cual es la moneda que tienes como principal? bueno, si en los dos casos es dlls, no hay gran problema, pero los que necesitamos cobrar en pesos...

(antes de que hagas algo, por favor, porque no respondo, lee primero esta solución y checa si te es conveniente, de otra forma, busca un poco mas, ya que hay que hacer cambios en los productos que tengas si no has realizado el cambio oportuno en el paso 2)

1.- En tu cuenta de paypal selecciona el peso mexicano como tu moneda principal (si este es el caso).

2.- En la configuración de virtuemart/listar monedas/ Cambia el nombre de mexican pesos por pesos mexicanos y cambia MXP por MXN (Aquí hay un problema, así que lo detallo al final).

3a.- En tienda/listar metodos de pago/paypal/ en formulario de método de pago, solo tienes que agregar la tarifa que te cobra paypal por transacción, donde dice descuento, con signo negativo (porque si no es un descuento en el precio y no una tarifa) hay que agregar dicho porcentaje, en mi caso está oscilando enter 2.4 y 3.4 dependiendo el volumen de compra, en tipo de descuento es porcentaje, ahora, no creo tener que decirte que tienes que agregar tus datos de cuenta de paypal no?.
no hay que olvidar que paypal además de este porcentaje cobra como 3 o 4 pesos adicionales, hay que checar las tarifas en la misma página.

3b.- En tienda/listar metodos de pago/paypal(new api)/ en formulario de método de pago, hay que agregar la misma info, el mismo porcentaje de descuento que en el apartado anterior, si ya tienes tus datos de api, agrégalos, nada mas.

Ahora, el problema para los que sigan este metodo que funciona, ya me hice un pedido y se abre la ventana se cobro seguro de paypal y todo el rollo sin problemas, peeeeeerooooooo, al realizar todos estos cambios, los precios de los productos se dispararon hasta el cielo, un producto que costaba 10 pesos subió su costo a 165.10 y estuve en vela tratando de ver que era, borré los envíos, descuentos, caché, borré todo para no hacer largo el cuento, estaba por darme por vencido, borrar todo, reinstalar virtuemart y comenzar desde cero con lo que pudiera respaldar, cuando me di cuenta de un detalle, los productos estaban detallados con MXP, como moneda, por esa razón paypal respinga, porque no sabe que tipo de cambio es, ni que tárifa tiene, así que lo único que tienen que hacer es entrar y cambiar en cada producto (si, producto por producto ) el precio, dejarlo como debe ser (si, parece que está bien, pero no, tiene después del punto como 4 ceros y seleccionar como moneda MXN y no MXP) con eso, los precios volvieron a la normalidad.

Espero que a alguien le sea de utilidad mi solución, no tuve que hacer cambios tan drásticos, meterle mano a los archivos, ni remplazar algo ni nada, solo corregir un par de detalles en la configuración de transacción entre la api de paypal y virtuemart, una excelente aplicación de carrito de compra.
No olviden que estoy usando virtuemart versión 1.1.5 sin ningún tipo de hack.

MCMuckle

Hi,

I would love to get this working for Kenya Shillings.  The ideal would to have prices on the shop show in Kenya Shillings but then be converted to GBP for the Paypal payment.

Currently I have installed the mod as per described but am not having any success.

The first thing I notice is that the message to inform buyers that the currency will be converted does not show during checkout. 

The other thing is that I have priced the item in GBP and set the display to be KES.  The display IS in KES but the conversion is not working.  I would prefer to use XEconvert instead of the default one as it provides better conversion but if I select that in Store options the checkout produces and error.

I have set the display price to KES
I have set allowed currencies to GBP
I have priced the item in GBP
My Paypal currency is GBP

Please see attached image for mod settings

Any idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks

*edit*

I realise that i had not set my Paypal email.  I have done that and tested again but still no joy :-(

[attachment cleanup by admin]

najem

Thank you very much for the post. Had the same problem.

RC98

OK guys need some help on this one I follow the steps w259lkt gave us at the beginning of the tread and everything works like a glove except for when redirect to Paypal site the conversion from "BRL" to "USD" is almost double the amount of what supposed to be, vendor currency is set to BRL (Brazilian Real) so i don't know what could of gone wrong can anybody help? 

chintan

Tested this solution on
Joomla 1.5.10
Virtuemart 1.1.4

It's working perfectly...I've also customized the "Payment Extra Info" so that it looks like the solution provided by http://www.gjcwebdesign.com/configuration-paypal-payment-module-virtuemart.html

You can check that on www.BeyondToyz.in

I am very very thankful to Dragos 'electric' DOBRE, w259lkt, post author of http://www.gjcwebdesign.com/configuration-paypal-payment-module-virtuemart.html and all other virtuemart forum fellows.