Author Topic: True Multi-Vendor Support  (Read 2987 times)

Mr. Mowgli

• Beginner
True Multi-Vendor Support
« on: November 19, 2008, 05:02:13 am »
After digging around the forums and reading the manual etc.  it is clear that multi-vendor support is not built in (yet), correct me if I am wrong...

Since it is a work in progress I would like to add my two cents on the functionality I would like to see in future versions.

As an e-commerce website, I need to sell things, and in my case I need to sell things from a large potential number of vendors.  A vendor in this case being someone who supplies inventory for my site and who must receive payment for the items they provide, such as a distributor.  A Distributor can have multiple warehouses from which to ship from, in various states /  countries. 

This implies some general constraints:
  • If I have multiple distributors or other sources and they provide drop-shipping, then I have no inventory on hand.
  • Customer orders can contain items from a variety of distributors / vendors / other sources
  • Taxes must be calculates separately for each item based on vendor / distributor location.
  • Shipping charges have to be calculated based on delivering warehouse rather than e-commerce site location.
  • Reports need to be organized by vendor (then potentially by warehouse)
  • Purchase Orders need to be generated to each vendor / distributor.
  • Tracking facilities need to be integrated.
  • Payment needs to be tracked and made to each vendor

So far as I can tell, very little of this is accounted for in the current system.  Is that correct?

Regards,

Andre

stoner123

• Beginner
Re: True Multi-Vendor Support
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 05:20:15 am »
I  need soemthing similar - i dont need such tracking for warehouse but I would like each vendor to admin their own shipping charges. I need a unified checkout - with po's being sent to the appropiate vendors - need a payment and accounting system for each vendors sales.. and commissional % module for each vendor's sales..

And I agree Andre, this release, as i see, is a long way off from what i need.. If you find a solution Andre, let me know,

Thanks,
jim

rodmart

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 00:55:36 am »
Andre and Jim...I agree completely. I also need a shopping cart solution that supports multiple vendors or dropshippers. The shipping module in Virtue Mart doesn't support this sort of configuration. Does anyone know of a shopping cart that does support this type of business? ???

Thanks,
Martha

Nirm

• Contributing Developer
    • Me, My Work and I
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 23:56:03 pm »
i've seen X-cart - which seems to support multi-vendors and there is a php script called iScripts Multi-Cart

i think John Messingham used to have a mod which supported drop shipping - you may want to contact him http://www.jmds.eu/home.html
A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.
-------------------------------------
http://www.nirmoysomaia.com

ILJ

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 16:21:52 pm »
i know some developer working on this.
has tested the sample site and he keep fine tuning it making it perfect.
he will be glad to complete the complete multivendor in fraction of the price.

only shortcoming is.. this a component on its own..
do PM me if u need his info.

ILJ

NeroInferno

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 09:01:07 am »
Joomla 1.5.9 + VM 1.1.3