Author Topic: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.  (Read 345578 times)

anthony

Re: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 02:27:14 am »
Aravot - the new attached files seem to work for me.

I had the IE problem only in the back-end when editing a product.
The first files you posted didnt fix. Took me a while to see that you had updated (replaced) the files in original post.

Many thanks.
The greater our mastery over language, the sharper the tools with which to dissect reality.

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 11:45:50 am »
Hve you cleaned browser cache? You use joomla or any other cache?

chrism

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 19:46:48 pm »
The patches fixed the issue for me on three machines XP wamp, Vista wamp, Linux Apache. Thank you very much.
Chris
www.getupandgrow.com online store and more....

MamboSambo

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 20:16:52 pm »
I had a problem with it too using ie 7, vm 113, and joomla 1.58 but went back down to vm 112 using default theme and it quit. Tried using the ecommerce theme and it came back. It works fine now.

Trial and error: story of my life ;-)

xsubodh

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 22:32:03 pm »
Hi didnt eolve the problem in my case, I did clear the cache, I am using latest joomla 1.5 and VM 1.3 with the new fix from mod first post, tried just 5 minutes back..

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 22:41:02 pm »
Changes posted in the first post fixed the issue for me, before posting I tried it on two different sites, three different machines with different configurations worked in all cases.

To be sure we are talking about the same issue, the patch fixes 'Operation Aborted' issue in back-end administration section of VirtueMart.

If the patch doesn't work for you, I am sorry as I do not have any tricks in my sleeves, maybe someone else can find a solution.

IDAN

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 23:18:06 pm »
The fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue work for me.
Thanks a lot !

Preston Moore

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 02:34:00 am »
Please try the attach fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.

First Unzip than replace the files
Root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/htmlTools.class.php
Root/components/com_virtuemart/js/wz_tooltip.js

Make sure you clear browser cache.

Didn't do jack for me.  How about before a new "update" is released it's made stable first?  This blows - I don't have any modified files, straight update from the backend, and I'm obviously not the only one having this problem. 

Makes your sig a little insulting Peter...

If something doesn't work, find out what you're doing wrong. I know you think it is VM’s fault, but it's probably your fault.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your code, but you can't pick your friend's code.

JEFR79

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 04:20:16 am »
I think the problem when using Internet Explorer just at the backend.
because at the frontend, its OK.
so, for the backend, i use 'firefox' browser..
and the frontend, i still use Internet explorer.. ;D

I think If we want to use IE for backend, we have to upgrade it to Internet explorer 8 (still BETA  ;D)

Preston Moore

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 04:22:01 am »
Nope, not in my case.  Everything was working like it should until I updated to 1.1.3 - then I started getting the error in the frontend too.

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your code, but you can't pick your friend's code.

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 05:49:15 am »
Please try the attach fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.

First Unzip than replace the files
Root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/htmlTools.class.php
Root/components/com_virtuemart/js/wz_tooltip.js

Make sure you clear browser cache.

Didn't do jack for me.  How about before a new "update" is released it's made stable first?  This blows - I don't have any modified files, straight update from the backend, and I'm obviously not the only one having this problem.

Every software has bugs even software from multimillion dollar companies. How about help testing, it is easy to get frustrated and blame when things don't go as planned.

Makes your sig a little insulting Peter...

If something doesn't work, find out what you're doing wrong. I know you think it is VM’s fault, but it's probably your fault.

In General the statement is true and I stand by it.

Preston Moore

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 05:55:46 am »
I can deal with bugs, and I wasn't knocking you.  You're about the only I see on this forum that's active in helping people, and you've helped me in the past.

I guess I'm just frustrated that when I see an update for a security fix I expect that it will be a stable one.  Instead there's a lot of threads pointing to this one as a "fix" when it only helps certain people. 

It's all good though - that's why I host with Rochen on an MVS - they're restoring my files from earlier as we speak.

I've tried to dive into this forum and help out as much as I can but there's too many posts that go un-answered that make you scratch your head and wonder why you try to begin with.

Sorry if I offended you but I wasn't trying to...

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 06:22:12 am »
You didn't offend me, (I am used to it, you should see PMs that I get), I know you are one of the few who help in the forum and have stayed with VM, I thank you for it.

The only time I use IE is when I want to check for Windows update, that is why this error skipped, we need more testers with different systems.

The fix posted has worked for me, if it hasn't for you or others maybe it is due to IE add-ons, try it on a different system or send me access info and I will try it.

If all fails and we don't come up with a fix for this issue which is highly likely because I/we don't get the error than maybe help of outsider might be needed.

xsubodh

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 20:33:15 pm »
The fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue work for me.
Thanks a lot !
Thankyou admin, However i am not blaming I was just saying it didnt help in my case, I really appreciate your effort for the only good shopping script that too for free.
Just to let you and rest know that I tested in firefox and it did work without any problem, I don't really care about the frontend as it never had any problems anyways. Keep up the good work

Basher_52

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 00:48:53 am »
[spam]
Why do anyone even use IE(Internet Explorer)
This is one of the big entrances for viruses etc (not to mention MSN)
use FF/Opera or wutever, I promise you, you can't get worse than IE
[/spam]