Author Topic: VM ProductSnapshot - Theory, Usage and CSS (complete guide with screenshots)  (Read 41091 times)

vikezz

Awesome plugin. I use it with jReviews :)

Is it possible to get the "related products" aswell?

Thanks

vikezz

Hi again,

When you write:
Code: [Select]
{product_snapshot:id=XX,showaddtocart=y}You get a nice link which adds the given VM product ID to the Cart. Awesome!

But, would it be possible to have the same "ajax" effect as when pressing on the original virtuemart add to cart button? (with the popup box asking if you want to continue or go to cart)

Thanks for any help in advance,
Viktor

llit

• Beginner
Any particular reason the text that comes up isn't linked to the product in the shop? If I enable the image, the image is clickable, but it does destroy the flow of the article a little to pepper it with images.

larkydoo

• Beginner
I'm not having any trouble using the product snapshots except when I use it for a product that has attributes/properties attached to it.  For example, I have a donation store item that has an attribute for Donate To with properties Building Fund, General Fund, and Day Camp.  When I link from the arti cle with the Product snapshot, it goes to a product detail page and gives a cryptic message about what you have to do to add the item to your cart.  (I've re-worded this message, telling folks they need to select an item from the drop-down.)  THe issue is that it also generates two error messages above the cryptic message, which read:

Notice: Undefined index: Donate_To24 in /home/content/c/i/t/cityloccom/html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product_attribute.php  on line 991

Notice: Undefined index: Donate_To24 in /home/content/c/i/t/cityloccom/html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product_attribute.php on line 999

Presumably Donate_To is the name assigned to the attribute and 24 is the attribute ID.  Why is it generating these messages?  They are unnecessary and will lead our users to think something is wrong.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Laurie

malik0206

• Beginner
Re: VM ProductSnapshot - Theory, Usage and CSS (complete guide with screenshots)
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 13:51:55 pm »
this is great how can i get the AJAX pop-up to show the product has been added to the cart, rather than add to cart redirecting straight to the checkout section

so what i want is the user can add to cart without leaving the page because i have 10-20 products on the same page

SodaJim

this is great how can i get the AJAX pop-up to show the product has been added to the cart, rather than add to cart redirecting straight to the checkout section
Anyone able to get this functionality into the VM Product Snapshot Plugin...?
This would really bring tighter integration and stay consistent with all the other "Add to Cart" buttons/Images...

Any direction is appreciated,
Jim

atomik

• Beginner
thx dude, appreciated. can you post an example of the table2div replacement, the code in vmproductsnapshots.php is very tangled...