Author Topic: Publish/unpublish a product on specified dates  (Read 9988 times)

Marc O.

• Onrust Yacht Charters
Publish/unpublish a product on specified dates
« on: January 28, 2009, 14:43:51 pm »
I have "products" (charter yachts) that have a reduced price for a limited period of time, for example for a last minute offer or early booking offer. It's even a bit more complicated that. The offer is also only valid for holidays in a certain period. So let's say one has to book in week 12 for a holiday in week 20.

Right now I clone the "normal" yacht entry in VM, adjust the rates and publish/unpublish it myself when applicable.

So right now I am looking for a possibility to automate the publish/unpublish action on dates that can be specified by me. I think this might be interesting for others too to publish products which are only available for a limited period of time.

scottaaws

• Beginner
Re: Publish/unpublish a product on specified dates
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 01:15:04 am »
is this just a discounted price that you revert to the normal price after the promotion or is this an item that you only have during the promotion?

If this a normal product that is placed on special VM is already setup to do time based discounts just select Product Discount List in the product menu and add a discount it is time based with a start and end date. I have a whole years worth of discounts already setup then all I have to do is select my preset discount from the drop down list in the right hand side of the product information field.

I hope this helps you out if not maybe your specific request will be implimented into the next version

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 02:47:20 am »
We're having a discussion in here which you might like the wavelength of, since this might end up meeting your requirements...

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=47990.0

Food for thought? :)

is this just a discounted price that you revert to the normal price after the promotion or is this an item that you only have during the promotion?
If this a normal product that is placed on special VM is already setup to do time based discounts just select Product Discount List in the product menu and add a discount it is time based with a start and end date. I have a whole years worth of discounts already setup then all I have to do is select my preset discount from the drop down list in the right hand side of the product information field.
I hope this helps you out if not maybe your specific request will be implimented into the next version

Hey scottaaws,

Just noticed this post, and yes, I totally agree, if it's a timed based discount, the Product Discount feature should do the job nicely. I was thinking more along the lines of setting the product in the backend to show up and disappear within a certain time period, using the "Availability" as your start time and a modified version of it, "Expiry Date", to mark the end time.

Check out the link I posted above for more info... :)

Marc O.

• Onrust Yacht Charters
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 12:21:39 pm »

It's an item that I only have during a certain period of time. Right now I am "abusing" the discount function of VM, but that still means I have to unpublish the product when the offer is not valid anymore.

Marc O.

• Onrust Yacht Charters
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 12:23:56 pm »
We're having a discussion in here which you might like the wavelength of, since this might end up meeting your requirements...
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=47990.0
Food for thought? :)
Hey scottaaws,
Just noticed this post, and yes, I totally agree, if it's a timed based discount, the Product Discount feature should do the job nicely. I was thinking more along the lines of setting the product in the backend to show up and disappear within a certain time period, using the "Availability" as your start time and a modified version of it, "Expiry Date", to mark the end time.
Check out the link I posted above for more info... :)

See my reply here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=47990.msg164692#msg164692

razor7

• MGSCreativa - Professional VM!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 16:27:52 pm »
Hi...I'm looking into it too. Need to unpublish travel packages that are out of season.

Thanks a lot!
MGS Creativa - VirtueMart Payment Plugin Experts
http://www.mgscreativa.com

Take a look at our downloads section for VirtueMart payment plugins and mouch more!
http://www.mgscreativa.com/en/online-store