Author Topic: Checkout styling - anyone have a ready made set of files?  (Read 2265 times)

strebblo

• Beginner
Checkout styling - anyone have a ready made set of files?
« on: January 26, 2009, 19:59:26 pm »
Hi everyone

I've been trawling the forums for answers on VM checkout styling, but there seems to be so little practical information around.
As it would seem, it's so difficult to style the checkout process, has anyone got a set of files that I can use with tags inserted for example?

If someone could for example, give me some code with all the id's or classes and appropriate tags inserted (like a skeleton template I guess), then I could apply some css to those styles and get on with my site.

It's so hard to believe that VM still has tables in it - even more so with the rest of the project already written without tables..

Please post any thoughts or ideas here - I'm still desperate to get this finished!
Thank you
Fred.

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
Re: Checkout styling - anyone have a ready made set of files?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 01:28:59 am »
Hey Fred,

I'm actually in the process of messing around and modifying VirtueMart's templates to convert them from their current table versions into full CSS-driven versions, and I've offered to donate those templates to the project. It's not difficult to style the template flypages at all, if you know what you're doing.

As soon as I get the chance to, I'll upload a skeleton template for you. Which flypage(s) would you want redone? (Bear in mind, the speed at which I can get them to you will depend on how much I can get done without interruption... :D)

strebblo

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:57:39 am »
Thanks Klutzon

Good on you for donating this to the project - heck it needs it!

I'm OK for the moment with most of my templates, it's just the checkout process and things like the reviews, shipping/billing addresses - those pages really.

Let me know, Thanks again - Fred

strebblo

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 23:38:40 pm »
now in no hurry, as I've bodged it together as best I could with the hideous tables... I was pressed for time!!

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 00:16:45 am »
now in no hurry, as I've bodged it together as best I could with the hideous tables... I was pressed for time!!

Hey! Sorry about that Fred, I didn't know you were under time constraints! :) It seems though that you've got some time to replace the current table'd templates with div'd ones down the line, so at least that...

Do you mind if I take a look at how your site came out? If you don't feel comfortable sharing the link, you can PM me if you'd like... :D