News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

problem with download function

Started by triton1, April 10, 2004, 14:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triton1

Hello all

i have a problem with the download function in the phpshop.
I create a product for example: "downlod_online.exe" and mark this product downloadable.
Download directory is /system/download/ and include "download-online.exe".
Make this product visible and start a order.
The mail comes with the download ticket and klick the link and a popup window comes up and save the
download-online.exe file But the "download-online.exe" file is not the same "download-online.exe" file as in /system/download because the file have only 1byte size and the origirnal is bigger as 1 byte.

Whats wrong with my configuration or setup for download?
Can anybody help me ?

Best regards Triton1

Soeren

Your configuration is surely not the problem. I've had the same problem while testing. I thought I had solved the problem. Please try with
* text files
* php files
* binary files

Anything that changes the file? Any appendixes or prefixes? Is the binary still executable after downloading?

Please report anything new here..
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

triton1

Hello Soeren

many thanks for your help.
Files with ZIP, PDF, TXT etc. runs properly the download.
EXE-Files are not allowed, thats not a problem because all EXE-Files can make a ZIP-Archiv for download.
My configuration was wrong, the Download Directory was not terminated with a SLASH on end of the Path
like /srv/www/pay_donwload is wrong it must be /srv/www/pay_download/
All problems are fixed - great shop !

It exist still a little problem.
If the minimum order price  for example 10 Euro and price of the product is 1 Euro .
The product can not to put in any product category. The field is selectable but after save the product is not in the selected product category. The product drops out of the selected category.
If the product price 10 Euro the product is available to put in any product category

Best regards Triton1

Soeren

Sounds like the bug that was fixed with version 1.0a stable. I could not assign a product to a category....do you use 1.0a stable or 1.0 ?

ciao, soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

triton1

First i was using Stable 1.0.
Now is installed Stable 1.0.a .. the problem is fixed - great !!

Sorry for double error notice here.

Many thanks and best regards Triton1