News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart 1.1.3 Released

Started by aravot, January 22, 2009, 23:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samek

Thanks for the info Aravot. I was searching around hoping to find what was changed specifically, to fix the specific security issues, with no luck.

I suppose it could probably be a large change, across too many files, to attempt to fix manually. or not?

SImon Anthony

Hi
I have VM 1.0.15 running at the moment. To upgrade, do I just dump the entire contents of the 1.13 file structure over the existing files via FTP?
I am still on Joomla 1.0x at the moment and will not go to 1.5.9 on this site yet.

pirouk

hi everyone, i have installed the version 1.1.3 version and the catogory images do not seem to be displaying the products images. I am using version 1.5.9 joomla.
Also the images are not using lightbox though the configeration is set to use the lightbox.
http://likewisedesign.com/hgl/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3
Note if you scroll down to the bottome section of the page you can see that the pictures do not dsplay.

I tried the auto update but it shows i have the current version

I have not added any additional components, this is a test to see how it works.

I have checked the url path and thats ok

Any ideas on what i may need to amend or do?

i have also tried a previous version of virtuemart 1.1.2 and have the same problem.

Thanks
Paul

Thanks
Paul.

aravot

@SImon Anthony, to answer your question yes, you need to use manual update package for Joomla 1.0 version, BACKUP, BACKUP first try it on a test site, if everything goes well than try on actual site.

@pirouk, search the forum, it has been answered many many many times, it is permission issue.

belindab

There is a problem with VM 1.1.3 which means that you cannot edit your products using Internet Explorer - you get the Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site message. Please could you add a warning to the top of this thread, so that people don't upgrade if they plan to use IE, as they will only have to roll back to 1.1.2? Thanks.
I have read elsewhere that this problem may be caused by the placement of a javascript declaration. Perhaps this may help you to resolve it. (I hope so!)

hellodave

Quote from: belindab on January 30, 2009, 12:29:45 PM
There is a problem with VM 1.1.3 which means that you cannot edit your products using Internet Explorer - you get the Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site message. Please could you add a warning to the top of this thread, so that people don't upgrade if they plan to use IE, as they will only have to roll back to 1.1.2? Thanks.
I have read elsewhere that this problem may be caused by the placement of a javascript declaration. Perhaps this may help you to resolve it. (I hope so!)

Can you give some more information about your setup?
Im using Win XP, IE7 and Joomla 1.5.9 and have not had this problem at all.
Is this a Vista thing?
currently working with -
Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a

belindab

I'm using Joomla 1.5.8, Win XP, IE7.

hellodave

Maybe try upgrading to Joomla 1.5.9?
currently working with -
Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a

wholdorp

I'm having a similar problem with Joomla 1.5.9 & VM 1.1.3 both in Dutch. With IE 7 (XP SP2) I can't update products. With Firefox no problem, via standard login but also when copy/paste the generated url.
Joomla 1.5.9
VirtueMart 1.1.3

vmajor

CRITICAL ERROR with 1.1.3 patch. URGENT!

Joomla 1.5.9
VM 1.1.3

Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7 are unable to view product details.

Users that click on the product details get the following message:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
[url]

Operation aborted"

Please fix this immediately as more than 50% of our potential customers use IE.

Alternatively, please let me know how to roll back to 1.1.2 until this problem is fixed.

URGENT!

Cheers,

Victor

investigacion

I have same problem with internet explorer 7

with mozilla firefox work OK.

????

Preston Moore

The problem is in the frontend as well, and the patch doesn't work for that (or in the backend for that matter).

Everything was smooth with 1.1.2, then I upgraded from the backend and bam, annoying IE crap.

It's gotta be something other than just those two files.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your code, but you can't pick your friend's code.

VMone

Greetings, please be so kind and go a bit into detail what these security leaks are and how important it is to apply a fix.

To the main issue, I am surely not the only one with this:

Using VM 1.1.2 with a lot of core enhancements, so logically no way to apply a patch or to upgrade like when still using an unchanged core version.

Please clarify what the security leak is, and how to fix it manually.

Many thanks!

DRACULINOS

Are you kitting?

To release in public the Security holes???

Come on dont be crazy? What about the other sites wich they dont have done the upgrade yet?!

When we ask something let us be reasonable!