News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart 1.1.3 Released

Started by aravot, January 22, 2009, 23:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aravot

VirtueMart 1.1.3 is a recommended security update, which provides fixes for some security issues, other enhancements and fixes a lot of minor bugs (see the changelog for full details).

Full installation packages and patch packages are available on the download page.

To update to version 1.1.3, login to your VirtueMart administration area and choose "Check for Updates" from the "Admin" menu, then click the "Check now!" button and follow the instructions there. (Or, you can download the 1.1.3 patch package directly , save it to your local hard drive, and choose to "Upload a Patch Package" from the "Upload a Patch" tab.)

If you are using VirtueMart 1.1.0, you must first update to VirtueMart 1.1.1 before updating to VirtueMart 1.1.3.

Fernando Soares

Hi,

In the update package for Joomla 1.0.x are missing these files:

version.php
virtuemart.xml

I update recently my VirtueMart from 1.0.15 to 1.1.2 in Joomla 1.0.15 and in these update the files are missing too.

Result: My VM 1.1.2 is updated, works nice, but inform version 1.0.15, so I cant use the autoupdate function of VM.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Fernando Soares - Joomleiros Brasil!
Espeshitpillta em Joomla! e VirtueMart
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fernando_soares

hellodave

Im having problems updating on my local host, is this normal?

I get 2 errors (minus callstack) -

Warning: zip_read() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in H:\work\XAMPP\htdocs\libraries\joomla\filesystem\archive\zip.php on line 234

Warning: zip_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in H:\work\XAMPP\htdocs\libraries\joomla\filesystem\archive\zip.php on line 250

I would try updating manually but I cant seem to find the "Upload a Patch" tab.
Im using Joomla 1.5.9 and VM 1.1.2
currently working with -
Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a

samek

Hi, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if the patch update will overwrite the entire file or just specific lines of code. We have modified some code to fit our needs.

Also what is the difference between:
Patch-VirtueMart-1.1.2-1.1.3 
and
Patch-VirtueMart-1.1.2-1.1.3.j15

The Virtuemart installation we are running is: VirtueMart 1.1.2 stable on Joomla 1.5.0

Have a great weekend.

aravot

The patch overwrites the entire file, not specific lines of code.

Difference between:
Patch-VirtueMart-1.1.2-1.1.3 is for Joomla 1.0.x
and
Patch-VirtueMart-1.1.2-1.1.3.j15 is for Joomla 1.5.x

hellodave

Quote from: hellodave on January 23, 2009, 22:40:14 PM
Im having problems updating on my local host, is this normal?

No news on this? Anyone else have this problem?
currently working with -
Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a

aravot

It must be a server misconfiguration, I use WAMP Server works for me.

Google your error message you will see many reported issues in various Internet applications, basically server can't unzip the file.

You can try the Manual Installation Package.

hellodave

Thanks for the reply, I cant find the "Upload a Patch" tab, so the manual update doesnt work for me either.
I guess Ill download the full package, uninstall 1.1.2 and install the new one.
currently working with -
Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a

hellodave

Well, its still only on my local host, thanks for the offer though, I really do appreciate it. Its all still very much in development so its not a major issue for me.

You know what, I just found it :)
I didnt notice it the first time I tried to update, I just clicked on "check now" and followed the instructions. After it failed, every time I tried to update it went straight to the error message page. After a server reset I get the proper Update Check page and low and behold, theres the "Upload a patch" tab.
Problem solved, many thanks :)
currently working with -
Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a

brendonhatcher

Hi
I patched from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 by uploading the zip file into the updated.
Joomla still reports the modules as being 1.1.0, but the full 1.1.3 file contains updated modules.

Am I correct that the update process does not update the modules as well?

If so, this should be clearly noted on the update instructions page.

Regards
Brendon

Nipar

Hi all,
Quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to.

does the update patch vm1.1.3 include the update to joomla 1.5.9, and
if not, which package should I use to update my joomla 1.5.8 + vm 1.1.2 with to get both updated? My current VM Ecommerce bundle included vm 1.1.2 and Joomla 1.5.8

Thanks

DRACULINOS

There was a problem with create a Shipper in the new version of the ps_shipping.php file.

The problem has been fixed and the new file is on the SVN or you can download it from here .

[attachment cleanup by admin]