Author Topic: Odd itemid problem with Joomla SEF & sh404SEF  (Read 7463 times)

zdjl505

• Beginner
    • roncekembang
Odd itemid problem with Joomla SEF & sh404SEF
« on: January 21, 2009, 07:32:52 am »
Hi,

In my site there is a slide show module that set appear only in front page. This module not appears in Joomla’s pages (about us, order, shipping etc). The problem is this slide show module appears in all VM‘s shop pages (category, product detail etc). The problem NOT appears when sf404SEF turn off. The same problem will happened if sf404SEF turn off AND Joomla Search Engine Friendly URLs = no. After I do a lot of searching, I realized that this related to itemID. But I don't know where the mistake.
Could someone help me to find my mistake?

I use .htaccess file that come together with joomla 1.5.8. I already try to modif .htaccess file as explained in sf404SEF documentation, but it still not solves the problem.

My site running with PHP5, Joomla 1.5.9 (upgraded), Virtuemart  1.1.2, Joomfish 2.0.1 & sf404SEF 1.0.19 build 232.
Joomla SEO setting:
Search Engine Friendly URLs = yes
Use Apache mod_rewrite = yes
Add suffix to URLs = yes
Sf404SEF setting:
Rewriting mode = with .htaccess (mod_rewrite)
Guess Itemid on homepage = no
Insert menu Itemid if none = no
Plugin (system) order: Jfrouter, Jfdatabase, SEF, sh404sef, Cache
Configuration.php setting: var $live_site = 'http://www.mysite.com';

Regards
The spirit of sharing

zdjl505

• Beginner
    • roncekembang
Re: [SOLVED] Odd itemid problem with Joomla SEF & sh404SEF
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 16:10:28 pm »
Actually, after do some search & experiment again, I found 2 solutions as follow:

1. According to Darkos in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=42931.0 do small modification at file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_session.php. Darkos wrote:
*find:

if( !defined( '_VM_IS_BACKEND' )) {
         $Itemid = "&Itemid=".$this->getShopItemid();

*after:

"&Itemid="

*write some number:

"&Itemid=22"

*Save and exit

I don’t know the negative effect if implement this solution, but actully it solved the problem. Hopefully developer team will explain if there is negative effect.

2. Or, add menu item with menu item type ‘virtuemart’. In original installation of Virtuemart there is a menu item ‘Products’ with menu item type ‘virtuemart’. Previously I delete this menu item because I think it functionally duplicate with category menu ‘Our Store’ (usually in left side). Finally I realize that deleting this menu item will cause itemID problem. Besides, if you use sitemap, to list all of the products you will need a menu item with menu item type ‘virtuemart ‘.

Those 2 above solutions have effect to breadcrumb. If you use solution no 1 the breadcrumb will be ’Home >Product Category>Product’. For solution no 2 the breadcrumb will be ’Home >Our Store>Product Category>Product’.

Regards
The spirit of sharing

cajasal

• Beginner
Re: Odd itemid problem with Joomla SEF & sh404SEF
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 21:00:48 pm »
just use what you have above but don't use Itemid=22 use Itemid=0 which is not a number create for the database. The database Auto-number start with 1,2,3 ..n+1 so it won't mess with any new category.

let me know if it works for you. ;)

zdjl505

• Beginner
    • roncekembang
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:33:32 am »
Hi cajasal,

No, Itemid=0 is not work. It's only work with non 0. Actually, now I implement solution no 2.

Regards
The spirit of sharing

jillymot

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 15:22:57 pm »
Hi zdjl505

Thank you for clearly explaining how to solve this problem with your second solution!

I have been agonising over this for a few months now.  This is an important part of the integration with Joomla which isn't clearly documented anywhere that I could find.