Author Topic: Using the Main menu items as products?  (Read 1341 times)

john76

• Beginner
Using the Main menu items as products?
« on: December 26, 2008, 09:29:34 am »
Hi guys,

I am new to this, however I did got everything working and I really like the program.

Any way what I did not understand (and read a few times the manual) but I see it work on other sites is when I install the virtuemarkt and publish the main module and add new category and products automatically a second menu show up with all my products I have added. (everything ok but)

What I would like is to use only my existing Main menu category/subcategory and products (the original main menu from Joomla) and then add the add to chart option to each products. (I dont know if I explain my self, sound confusing)

What happen now I have two menu one from Joomla (original main menu) and one from Virtuemarkt menu please check: http://www.gsm-antennas.com  then click on "online shop" button at the top menu

I don want the menu from the right I just want to use the original Main menu from joomla because I like the way the tree category/subcategory display work.

I really hope some one understand what I was trying to do.

* Of course there is the option of using only the Virtuemarkt menu and disable the original Joomla main menu but I like the other way around

Thanks a lot and happy holiday

John

mado

• Beginner
Re: Using the Main menu items as products?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:29:19 am »
Hi,

I saw you did not receive any response to your post. I am wondering if you have found a solution because I am trying to do the same.

Thanks

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
Re: Using the Main menu items as products?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 13:49:50 pm »
Unpublish the module in the module manager
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)