Author Topic: "Add to Shopping-Cart" button is missing  (Read 28748 times)

img

• Beginner
"Add to Shopping-Cart" button is missing
« on: January 15, 2009, 00:49:57 am »
Hi Guys,

i am using Joomla 1.5 with VirtueMart. Its hard enough to explain my problem in german that way that everyone has the chance to understand it, but i'll try my best ;)
It does not depend on what operating system or browser you use, i tested it on windows, os x, Linux. All with FireFox, IE (if available) and Opera.

OK, the problem is: If i visit a product detail page from my webshop i can see the description of the product, product image and so on. On the bottom of de detail page i should see
buttons for quantity and a button like "add to cart". I styled the buttons with CSS, they got background colors and images.

First time i visit a detail page, it is shown like attached screenshot one, there are 3 buttons, but without any label or background. If i do now add (blind, cause i know what the
empty buttons should do ;) ) a product to my shopping cart and go back do any other detail page, i can see now everything i styled with css. You can see that in Screenshot two.

I askes different people, in different communities... some guys say that it looked like the image from screenshot 2 directly on the first visit, but unfortunately this is really a small number of persons :(
Perhaps somone could help me or give me some advices how to solve this problem. I also checked the website with webdevelopment plugins for Firefox, it seems that the browser cant find a background-image path, although i typed in one in the css file.

You can find the website over her: http://www..de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=106&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=17

Thanks a lot in advance,
Jan

[attachment cleanup by admin]

infinart

• Beginner
Re: "Add to Shopping-Cart" button is missing
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 16:58:33 pm »
I have problem too. There is no add to cart button what soever. I have used Virtue Mart five times before and never has this! Check it for yourself:

http://bulkmarketingsoftware.com/buy-now

What the?
Rock on!

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 20:01:18 pm »
OK, the problem is: If i visit a product detail page from my webshop i can see the description of the product, product image and so on. On the bottom of de detail page i should see
buttons for quantity and a button like "add to cart". I styled the buttons with CSS, they got background colors and images.
First time i visit a detail page, it is shown like attached screenshot one, there are 3 buttons, but without any label or background. If i do now add (blind, cause i know what the
empty buttons should do ;) ) a product to my shopping cart and go back do any other detail page, i can see now everything i styled with css. You can see that in Screenshot two.
I askes different people, in different communities... some guys say that it looked like the image from screenshot 2 directly on the first visit, but unfortunately this is really a small number of persons :(
Perhaps somone could help me or give me some advices how to solve this problem. I also checked the website with webdevelopment plugins for Firefox, it seems that the browser cant find a background-image path, although i typed in one in the css file.

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you, unfortunately things like this can happen, but let's see if we can solve it together eh? ;)

Okay, let's get the obvious out of the way: have you made sure you have set the "Use only as catalogue" feature off? (go to Admin -> Configuration, in the "Global" tab, in the "Global" section, the "Use only as catalogue" checkbox should be unticked). I want to state the obvious before moving on. :D

Now, would you mind sharing the version numbers of your Joomla and VirtueMart? It might be a factor, as the latest VirtueMart 1.1.3 has quite a few bugs fixed, If you've not updated to the latest, give it a try and see if that helps. In case you're already using the latest though, let's move on.

You mentioned that when you asked different people to test them for you, would you know what browser they were using, and how many people were using each browser? This might be a CSS-related bug, especially since you mentioned that some people saw what you wanted them to but for most people the add-to-cart button was missing, but judging by the fact that the variable used on the flypage is not displaying what it should be, I get the feeling perhaps this is parser-related. Still, it's a possibility.

Would you also mind sharing what versions of PHP and MySQL you are using? I know that some versions of PHP are buggy, especially combined with certain versions of MySQL, and it's the PHP engine that would be controlling whether the "Add to cart" button displays or not, so it might also be a factor.

These are all the possibilities I can think of right now, the info I've requested should help narrow down the possibilities. If I think of anything else, I'll update this thread. :)

infinart

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 03:20:41 am »
I know you comm. was directed to the first post but since I am haveing the same problem I thought I would share too:

FF 3.0.5
IE 7.0.6
IE 8.0.6

Joomla 1.5.9

VirtueMart 1.1.3 stable

MySQL version   5.0.67-community

PHP version   5.2.4

grrr... this is delaying the launch of my new product.

Rock on!

infinart

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 06:40:15 am »
ahh. how very frustrating! no add to cart button. oh, and yes the catalogue button is not selected.

;-)

ok. lets get this working!
Rock on!

clx

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 18:40:04 pm »
Hellow People

I have exactly the same Problem like klutzon: Fresh installed VirtueMart 1.1.3 with Joomla 1.5.9....the Buttons 'Add to Shopping Card' Quantity etc..  are missing. I did no CSS changins... can anyone help? ....Please;-)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 04:26:06 am »
I have checked the first site and the majority of te code for displaying the form and cart buttons are totally missing.

Why this is I can only imagine, but I have heard of problems wih a certain SEO component.

I suggest turning off SEO completely and any modifications to the .htaccess file and retest.

Obviously if it works then the cause of the problem is then known. If not, then I would be at a loss. Because part of the code is there that is generated from the addtocart_form tpl file and the dropdown form (dropdown form is used for single products as well as dropdown children). But after the dropdown form is executed the program returns to the addtocart form and this is not being built!
Now, if this sometimes works and other times it doesn't then something is interfering with the page build.
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

kingtech

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 17:19:15 pm »
I have that problem also, but I have noticed that it works fine in Firefox... perhaps we have an Internet Explorer CSS issue here.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 22:44:50 pm »
is your correct CSS file loading?
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

Tikkiro

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 17:17:44 pm »
Can I be a pain and bump in here as I have a somewhat similar problem only mine is more patchy i.e. some buttons visible others not.  This only happened after I upgraded to 1.1.3 (stable) - previously all had worked ok.  I'm using Joomla 1.5.9 with the latest PHP 5 as well.  I don't use SEO or any other less common configs for the site.  I've checked the actual descriptions etc and store config to ensure I've not got anything ticked that might cause this (e.g. not to show for no stock of items) and have checked the particular items that don't have the ATC button against those that do, and can't see any obvious difference in the configurations.  I've also tried the site with multiple templates to no avail.

One page of examples is at http://www.kitsandcards.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=26 - you'll see the Encouragement, Inspirational, Musical flowers for e.g. The other pages also show some similar ones.

==============
I've just seen in a search, one post where someone in the Dev team mentioned that this could happen if you had attributes set up for a product - sensibly enough you'd want your buyers to ensure they were aware of these before just dumping the item into the cart to buy, and sure enough I can see that is the case but only in Firefox - i.e. in IE they're defo not showing up for the ones they should every time for some strange reason.

slavonec

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 06:30:58 am »
Hi there

I got the same problem here with me. After careful looking around I found out that I do not see "add to cart" button only if I put New Properties in product's info.
So, how I can fix it?
here is the link:
http://goshopping-69plaza.com/Women-shoes/View-all-products.html

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 02:48:11 am »
You have attributes for each product.

Attributes are not shown on the browse page and therefore nor is an add to cart.

You can't add to cart if you cant select an attribute.
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

loysgunawan

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 12:49:25 pm »
What's that mean? I have to define all attribute for all product to make add to cart button exist?

Or

I only define attribute for product that I want the add to cart button to existing?

arkani

• Beginner
    • maiscoisas++
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 19:16:11 pm »
i have add a similar problem, the "add to cart" stuff was not displayed and instead i get the "call vendor" info.
Why?
I found the session[auth][show_prices]gets set to 0 instead of 1.

What i havent found is where it gets set in order to check the code.

I quick hack is to do:
shop.product_details.php

//################################     HACK
$_SESSION['auth']['show_prices'] = _SHOW_PRICES;
//################################       END HACK
if (_SHOW_PRICES == '1') {
   if( $db_product->f("product_unit") && VM_PRICE_SHOW_PACKAGING_PRICELABEL) {
      $product_price_lbl = "<strong>". $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_CART_PRICE_PER_UNIT').' ('.$db_product->f("product_unit")."):</strong>";
   }

and in
price.tpl.php

//if( $auth['show_prices']!=1||!isset($price_info["product_price_id"] )) :
//################################    HACK
if( $_SESSION['auth']['show_prices']!=1 || !isset($price_info["product_price_id"] )) :
//################################    END HACK

if someone could tell me where the $_SESSION['auth'] vars get set i can take a look and see where the error ocurs.
Or maybe this will help the virtuemart developers.

yachzo

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 09:03:19 am »
I think some of you are having the same problem I am with the background images not linking properly.

Tikkiro, I looked at your site and used firebug on your cart button and got this from your stylesheet: url(http://www.kitsandcards.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/fetchscript.php?gzip=0&subdir[0]=/themes/default&file[0]=theme.css&subdir[1]=/js/mootools&file[1]=mooPrompt.css&subdir[2]=/js/slimbox/themes/default/images/add-to-cart_blue.gif)

Now it seems like whatever is adding this part: /fetchscript.php?gzip=0&subdir[0]=/themes/default&file[0]=theme.css&subdir[1]=/js/mootools&file[1]=mooPrompt.css&subdir[2]=/js/slimbox/

is the culprit. Also do you notice background images missing in your virtuemart admin pages? (such as the apply or cancel buttons in the vm component menus)