Author Topic: Add Tax total value  (Read 7043 times)

thomassen88

• Beginner
Add Tax total value
« on: January 14, 2009, 00:24:31 am »
Hi,
I got a problem that my total tax not showing up.
The only way that i can activate the total tax is to use "Virtual Tax" with Tax mode "Based on vendor adress". but then the taxes are adding to the product prize.
i dont want that!

My "shipping metod" site is deactivated. so the costumers should not have the possibility to chose metods. i have "cash on delivery" only.

So, does anyone know what the problem is?

thomassen88

• Beginner
Re: Add Tax total value
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:47:28 am »
i found out that the taxes not show because the products dont have any weights. does anyone know how to show the total tax without product weight? :)

belindab

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 15:27:46 pm »
Yes you have to set Virtual Tax mode on (in Configuration).

Then all your products will be taxed. Make sure that you have set up and selected the correct tax rates for your products. If you want to show your prices without tax and only have it show up in the cart, you can do that with Shopper Groups, set your default so that they don't see tax. (They will still be charged it, at whatever rate is set for each product).

twilite25

• Beginner
    • NLS Creative
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 19:09:33 pm »
how do you set up the tax rates for each product? I selected virtual tax, and its still tax is zero?
Joomla 1.5.14 Virtuemart 1.13 Windows

belindab

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 23:13:37 pm »
First: set up Tax Rate (under Tax)
Second: For each product, select the appropriate tax rate in the VAT id drop down on the Product Information page.
Third: Check that your default shopper group is set to Show Prices including tax (or not, as you wish). Set up other Shopper groups as desired (e.g. Retail to show tax, Wholesale not to show tax).
In all cases, provided you have a tax rate of more than 0, there should be a Tax Total showing on the Cart Checkout page.

theLane

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 23:43:21 pm »
This is not working for me. I have set the VAT id, tax rate in the TAX page and the Default, but tax is not showing up... wait... I think I forgot to configure "Virtual Tax"... stand-by....

theLane

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 23:58:57 pm »
Yup, it's working now... only I did not HAVE to select a VAT id for each product.