Author Topic: Virtuemart problems with display options after Joomla 1.5.8 update to 1.5.9  (Read 5769 times)

jboer

• Beginner
Yesterday I updated from J1.5.8 to 1.5.9.  After doing so I noticed that when I tried to add a new product and change the display options nothing would happen.  Even if I configured the products in the same fashion I had as my old products I couldn't hide the add to cart button in the display overview.  Maybe I was using the wrong child display, but it worked before the upgrade. Has anyone else has this problem or know of a solution. 

Any suggestions?  I was thinking of reverting to an older backup or would there an easier coding fix.

Thanks,
Justin

jboer

• Beginner
Maybe what is more important, if this persists and I do a clean install of my website and virtuemart, is what are the proper product display settings to not display the 'add to cart' and quantity in the category list.

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
Hey Justin,

I tested VirtueMart 1.12 with Joomla 1.5.9 today, and I think I got the same thing you're talking about. Even though the settings were set to display in the back-end, on the front end there was a lot of stuff missing, and I was wondering why it's not showing.

I'll test again with Joomla 1.5.8 to confirm...

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
are you talking about removing the add to cart button in the category browse?
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

jboer

• Beginner
yes, and I thought I had it figured out, but now it no longer works.

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
The setting is controlled in
Configuration -> Site -> Layout (Configuration) -> Show the Add-to-cart Button on the product list?

jboer

• Beginner
The setting is controlled in
Configuration -> Site -> Layout (Configuration) -> Show the Add-to-cart Button on the product list?
I don't seem to have that button there nor the lightbox button (which does coincidentally work). Did something go wrong with the installation or do I have an extensions conflict? I am using VM 1.12.  The oddest thing is that if I copy products from the pre-installed VM they don't have the add to cart button, but new products do. You can see this on this page:

http://kmariecards.com/index.php?orderby=product_name&DescOrderBy=ASC&Itemid=1&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&keyword=&keyword1=&keyword2=

So I am still not sure how to get rid of this problem.

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
I don't know why you don't have the configuration option.

Checked your site, that is how it should be, products that have attributes add to cart button won't show on category page.

scotty

• Beginner
I'm in the same boat... attributes are not working, and the site layout configuration as mentioned above is not correct for this most recent version.

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
If this is still affecting those who have upgraded from 1.5.8 to 1.5.9, then either there is something that you guys have installed in your copy of VirtueMart that is conflicting with 1.5.9, or there was an update to the code in 1.5.9 that VirtueMart cannot deal with for some reason.

Anyone willing to make some experiments? I don't mind testing between the two on my rig, it'll take me some time to do it though, I'm busy studying how VirtueMart works totally... :)

jboer

• Beginner
What I ended up doing is reinstalling 1.5.9 and virtuemart 1.12 to see if anything would changed.  It hasn't but I think I will just keep the pre-installed items in and duplicate them and revise the info for my new items. Not really an ideal fix, but it will work. I am curious to see when VM 1.13 comes out if the problem would be fixed.  I would wait for that before checking JM 1.58 vs 1.59.

scotty

• Beginner
updated to 1.13. Still however having troubles with the product attributes. The attributes are not being displayed and therefore cannot add product and its relative weights to cart...

anyone else still having the same issues?

It would be a shame to roll back to a previous version of VM.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
Hey scotty,

I'm going to make some time today to run some experiments with combinations of Joomla 1.5.8 / 1.5.9 and VirtueMart 1.1.2 / 1.1.3 and see if I notice anything strange. I've read enough posts in quite a few different subforums here to notice that this is a problem a lot of people are experiencing.

I'll post my feedback later in the day.

scotty

• Beginner
I'm guessing you've not been able to re-create the environment in which the problems are occuring. Thanks for looking into it, it was appreciated.

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
I'm guessing you've not been able to re-create the environment in which the problems are occuring. Thanks for looking into it, it was appreciated.

Hey scotty,

I didn't get a chance to respond to your problem, I've got the four installations set up and I'm still testing them out, I'm compiling my results together and I'll let you know when they're done. If I manage to replicate your problem on the way in the next day or so, I will let you know immediately. :)

My recommendation is, if you can, use VM 1.1.2 if it's running stable until we get this problem sorted out. At least for now.