Author Topic: Tax Not Changing with Added Address - Updated, may have uncovered bug?  (Read 4271 times)

groosh

• Beginner
Hi,

Does anyone have insight into the below?

Thanks so much!

Paul

UPDATE:

I've tried some experimenting and found that:

- When store is set up in CA and a shopper's shipping address is in NV, no tax is added. That's correct.
- However, store in CA and shipper from default address NV ADDS new address in CA (say you want to ship a gift to a friend), the tax gets calculated but does not get added to the Total.  It simply places the number in Tax Total but the purchase price remains the same as without tax.

This appears to be a bug that ultimately leaves the store owner holding the burden for taxes unpaid by the shopper.

Hope this helps.  Anybody with thoughts?

Thanks!

Paul

Geister

• Beginner
the tax gets calculated but does not get added to the Total.  It simply places the number in Tax Total but the purchase price remains the same as without tax.

Is it still a bug or anybody resolved it? Actually, it's a very serious issue, since the taxing legally should be based on the shipping address.
If a shopper's billing address, let's say is in the US, but the shipping address is in Germany, 19% must be added to the price.

Now, the tax amount is shown correctly, but this amount is NOT added to the total price! This results that a shop owner pays the shopper's taxes  :o!

I used all Tax Modes in the Tax Configuration with the same result...
current config: Joomla Version 1.5.12 + VirtueMart 1.1.3 stable

aravot

• Peter
  • Quality&Testing Team
    • VirtueMart Extensions
I tested this with 1.1.4RC (don't have 1.1.3 installation) it worked OK.

I created an out of state account (no tax), than during checkout I added a in state (taxed) shipping address, tax was applied to order.

Geister

• Beginner
current config: Joomla Version 1.5.12 + VirtueMart 1.1.3 stable