News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

UPS Shipping (client already has UPS Desktop Software)

Started by sportbikejunkie, December 29, 2008, 18:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportbikejunkie

OK, not sure how to do this so need some help.

My client has UPS desktop software where it calculates all the shipping cost etc.

How do I get this module to work?  Does he need to set up an onine ups account?  Client lives in Canada.

Please advise,

James

fidel

Yes. They will need to setup a UPS account that enables them to connect to the API for web shipment estimations. As for the desktop software, it does not integrate with Virtuemart backend, though is the possibility of automating transmission of data between UPS Worldship and Virtuemart via macros, which you or your client's UPS tech would have to create.

Keep in mind, the UPS shipping module within Virtuemart only provides estimations based upon retail shipping prices and whatever parameters you input to modify the output to the e-commerce customer. Likewise, there are some customer locations throughout the world that will likely produce errors. I assume these are not listed within the UPS data shipping API or for some other reason. Here in the states, I commonly experience these errors from some customers located in Canada and in Australia.

sportbikejunkie

Thanks for the information.  I will be looking into this later today so hopefully I can get it going.

sportbikejunkie

OK, I am so close to getting it.  I am now getting this error...???
Error: UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: 250003, Error Description: Invalid Access License number

I went here http://www.ups.com I set up an account and using the following for UPS access code the UPS Account Number: they gave me.

I am assuming this is why I am getting the error.  Where to I get the access code?

Thanks guys,