News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart Bugs - Dropdown menu problem

Started by mckayc, December 29, 2008, 15:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mckayc

I have noticed a few weird things with VirtueMart as of late.  The most annoying problems relate to additional image/files and drop down menus. 

I have noticed that there seems to be a bug with drop down menus.  For instance, if I am on a product listing page and sort by price, this will work fine, but if I go back to search by product, it continues to sort by price.  I cannot change it to anything else.  I have noticed this same problem with child products.  If I select one child, it stays on that one even if I try to go to another child product. 

I have noticed a problem with sorting in general as well.  By default for some reason the display number is set to 50 and cannot be changed (even though I may not have 50 in a category).  It will not even display all of the products, but display 1-20 (of 38).  When I go to the next page, it displays 21-38 and NOW it gives me the option of displaying 5, 10, 20 or 50.  Weird stuff.

I cannot add additional images or files.  When I try nothing happens; it won't even let me save.

I wonder if all of these problems are directly related.  Not all of these problems have always existed (or rather, they seem to happen on and off so it is hard to pin down what the problem is) so I wonder if it is a problem with components or modules.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

joneustace

mckayc

Hmm.  Think this was a problem with sh404sef   I uninstalled that component and don't have the same problem.

joneustace

So what are you running now for SEF URL's?

mckayc

For now I am staying away from SEF URLs.  I really liked sh404SEF and will probably try it again when the next version of Virtuemart comes out.