Author Topic: Unable to configure shop (virtuemart.cfg.php issues)  (Read 3168 times)

Marksfish

• Beginner
Unable to configure shop (virtuemart.cfg.php issues)
« on: March 22, 2010, 18:46:29 pm »
Hi. I have recently downloaded the 1.1.4 complete package for Joomla 1.015 and auto installed successfully. I have managed to add stock and payment options to the cart, so all that is working well. I have a problem when in Admin/ Configuration though. I can change the options, but when I try to save (hovering over button gives javascript:submitbutton('save'); ), I receive the following error in Chrome:
"Oops this link appears to be broken" and in the search box, automatically filled in is: "localhost remove cookies". If using IE8, I just get the simple: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, whilst trying to access http://www.almeria-aquatics.eu/administrator/index2.php.

administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg.php :: Writeable. It was initalls chmoded to 644, but I have tried it on 755 and 777 to no avail. There are some options I really want to change, but can't see how to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Mark

Marksfish

• Beginner
Re: Unable to configure shop
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 21:16:33 pm »
I thought it may have been a compatibility problem so I removed 1.1.4 and installed 1.0.15, but still have the same problem. I can't seem to find any sort of reasoning behind this, so I am stumped at the moment  ???

Marksfish

• Beginner
Re: Unable to configure virtuemart.cfg.php
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 15:02:45 pm »
Okay, so I re- installed 1.1.4 figuring that the problem should really be quite easy. I have searched the forum and have seen others with this problem, but no replies to their questions :-X. I have also Googled virtuemart.cfg.php and tried some of the solutions in there, such as hard coding the site url and server path. No dice!!

Everything seems to centre on permissions, so I have checked and double checked. I have tried permissions on virtuemart.cfg.php on 755 and 777 with no difference. I have made sure the com_virtuemart folder is also 755 and have tried 777. I have also tried the virtuemart.php file on 777 and 755. None of these seem to work and it seems that this must be a pretty common problem, but not a common answer.

I would like to make this work, but without being able to re- configure the shop for postage and the like, it means I will have to persevere with using Mal's which is a little short on what I would like to do.

Thanks

Marksfish

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 15:14:12 pm »
My server path is: /home/********/public_html/almeria-aquatics.eu/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg.php

global $mosConfig_absolute_path,$mosConfig_live_site, $mosConfig_secret;
if( !class_exists( 'jconfig' )) {
   $global_lang = $GLOBALS['mosConfig_lang'];

@include( dirname( __FILE__ ).'/../../../configuration.php' );

$GLOBALS['mosConfig_lang'] = $mosConfig_lang = $global_lang;
}
// Check for trailing slash
if( $mosConfig_live_site[strlen( $mosConfig_live_site)-1] == '/' ) {
   $app = '';
}
else {
   $app = '/';
}
// these path and url definitions here are based on the Joomla configuration
define( 'URL', $mosConfig_live_site.$app );
define( 'SECUREURL', $mosConfig_live_site.$app);

if ( (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && $_SERVER['HTTPS'] != 'off') || $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] == '443' ) {
   define( 'IMAGEURL', SECUREURL .'components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/' );
   define( 'VM_THEMEURL', SECUREURL.'components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/' );
} else {
   define( 'IMAGEURL', URL .'components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/' );
   define( 'VM_THEMEURL', URL.'components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/' );
}
define( 'COMPONENTURL', URL .'administrator/components/com_virtuemart/' );
define( 'ADMINPATH', $mosConfig_absolute_path.'/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/' );
define( 'CLASSPATH', ADMINPATH.'classes/' );
define( 'PAGEPATH', ADMINPATH.'html/' );
define( 'IMAGEPATH', $mosConfig_absolute_path.'/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/' );

I am assuming something is wrong is this part of my file?

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 16:33:30 pm »
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=51089.0

also, make sure all things are consitant with the www and NON www.

The ssl, and server should both be setup the same.
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

Marksfish

• Beginner
Re: Unable to configure shop (virtuemart.cfg.php issues)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 18:47:14 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my problem.

Looking at the thread you have pointed me to, it seems to be about a IE7 issue. My issue is occurring in IE8 and Chrome. I did however change the files that the post suggested, but nothing happened. I then proceded to clear the sql database and restore my pre- Virtuemart backup, then tried the manual install option. I am still unable to save changes to the admin configuration. >:(.

Mark

Marksfish

• Beginner
Re: Unable to configure shop (virtuemart.cfg.php issues)
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 20:57:00 pm »
Okay, further Googling has shown up the issue which so far no- one else has mentioned. There was nothing wrong with my configuration or the permissions of my files.  The problem with the virtuemart.cfg.php saving is to do with mod_security on the server.

Contacting my host's customer service has resulting in them making a rule in their system to allow the cart to work. EUKhost.com rock :o)

Mark