Author Topic: product description and images  (Read 16691 times)

kontrolfreek

• Beginner
product description and images
« on: December 18, 2008, 19:25:46 pm »
ok, i have searched these forums back as far as 07 without any luck fixing this issue.  i am using 1.1.2 stable and have added 3 products to my shop.  the fps freek seems to be working fine, the image in the description shows up no problem.  i added two others that dont work, the image just dont show and they were created exactly the same way as the other, whats going here.  i have changed permissions and changed them back, refreshed and cleared temp files, everything i know to do, please help.

the one that works is here
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=2&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=200

one that done here
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=5&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=200

thanks

kontrolfreek

• Beginner
Re: product description and images
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 20:13:12 pm »
screw it ill remove the images and just do text unless some one posts in here a fix but the links above might not be same

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 02:03:15 am »
Hey kontrolfreek,

Let me understand you correctly: you want to put multiple images into the long description area, and only one of them shows up on the front-end? I'd like to help solve this, because this could potentially be really useful...

kontrolfreek

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 06:17:11 am »
im not sure now, been like 3 weeks, i really dont remember but i do think that was the issue

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 10:32:45 am »
im not sure now, been like 3 weeks, i really dont remember but i do think that was the issue

Well, I'm sorry that you had to wait so long for a response, sometimes people really don't know how to help and others don't have the time to. Fortunately, I'm neither. :D

Do you still want to be able to put multiple images in the long description area? Or rather, what would you like to do that you weren't able to before? :)

kontrolfreek

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 16:40:39 pm »
no im good with no images in title, just was going to before, but its all good seriously.  i do have a few issues that paypal related if you are real eager to help someone :-) 

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 17:19:06 pm »
Hehe, unfortunately I can only help in XHTML / CSS related issues, and the little PHP that I understand. I'm not a big programmer, I'm more of a designer, so I can't help you out with Paypal code. :( But I hope someone else will pitch in to assist.

You should start another thread in the appropriate section for that problem you've got, if you haven't already. :)

kontrolfreek

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 17:22:09 pm »
got ya, thanks for replying ill remember ya if i have more css and html issues, thanks

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 17:52:14 pm »
got ya, thanks for replying ill remember ya if i have more css and html issues, thanks

I'll be here. :)

kontrolfreek

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 18:01:11 pm »
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/content/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=200&vmcchk=1&Itemid=200
feel free to take a look at what im doing here, give me feedback / suggestions for improvement if you like.  we have a new product launching maybe for sale this weekend, i expect about 3k orders next week or two, thanks

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 18:12:05 pm »
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/content/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=200&vmcchk=1&Itemid=200
feel free to take a look at what im doing here, give me feedback / suggestions for improvement if you like.  we have a new product launching maybe for sale this weekend, i expect about 3k orders next week or two, thanks

I really really like. :D In fact, your layout has helped me cement the idea I have for the site I'm working on. I will show you what I'm working on once I've got something to show.

I wish you the best of luck with your weekend sale! :) That looks like a 360 pad we could really use here, 360 pads are notoriously slow for FPS gaming. But that's off-topic totally...

kontrolfreek

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 18:17:54 pm »
hehehe yeah the products we sale snap on to the analog sticks on the 360 and one helps with racing games and the other helps with fps games, thanks again, look forward to viewing your idea

maris_mortis

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 18:21:41 pm »
Kontrolfreeks homepage needs my thoughts about the product list - but Im not be able to put the pics like you, maybe some1 can have a look at my page to help me a bit (i tried everything with the flypages but nothing works for me) www.black-jewels-clothing.com (or use this link: http://www.black-jewels-clothing.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1 )then click on "Accessoires" and then on "Taschen" then pick one of them, only one picture is shown but I really want all pics to be shown

thx in advance

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 21:34:46 pm »
Kontrolfreeks homepage needs my thoughts about the product list - but Im not be able to put the pics like you, maybe some1 can have a look at my page to help me a bit (i tried everything with the flypages but nothing works for me) www.black-jewels-clothing.com (or use this link: http://www.black-jewels-clothing.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1 )then click on "Accessoires" and then on "Taschen" then pick one of them, only one picture is shown but I really want all pics to be shown
thx in advance

I see your problem, you mean when you click on the product page of a particular problem, only the thumbnail shows, but when you click on the thumbnail, the full image shows and you can select between the 5 images in the Lightbox, yeah?

Within VirtueMart, there is a parameter that you could use to modify your current flypage.tpl and add a link that will take you the "Product Images" page when the product has additional product images. Open your flypage.tpl, find the appropriate place to insert it, and add the following:

Code: [Select]
<?php echo $more_images ?>
If what you're after is showing those extra pics on the same page as the product page, within the long description area, then you can add the pictures you want directly into the long description, but then you'll have to style them if you want them to look good, and if you want them to use a Lightbox as well, you'll need to have the Javascript loaded and the pictures wrapped in the appropriate tags to activate the Lightbox when you click on them.

I'm working on something like this myself, I'll show you guys when it's done... ;)

kontrolfreek

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 21:47:04 pm »
i do have a question for you klutzon, if i have the virtue mart module running on the my page, like in the right position, and i am on the home page for my site, when i click on a category or product, the redirect takes me to the category or product and uses my home template to display the info.  this is confusing, lets say i have a slideshow module i only want to show on my home page ok, now if you are on the home page when you click the category link, the store comes up and the slideshow is open, what i have done is created a link in my menu to go to the category i want them to go to and added Itemid=200&vmcchk=1&Itemid=200 this to the link so it looks at item 200 (which dont exist) to get the modules for the page.  does all this make sense, i dont want the slideshow and stuff to show when i click the info in the virtuemart module but it does, so i disabled the module and use direct links, which blows.