Author Topic: How do I mix and match quantity discounts accross a single category?  (Read 5496 times)

jawtkins

• Beginner
I am working on a site that uses to virtuemart, but might have to switch to something else if we cannot get this working. We love virtuemart otherwise. The problems is this: we sell DVDs, CDs, Booklets, etc. There needs to be  quantity discounts on each type of product. For instance, if you buy 1 DVD, it is $18. If you buy between 2 and 5 DVDs, they are $16 each. If you buy between 6 and 10, they are $14 each, and so on. We also need similar quantity discounts in the CD section and the other sections, but with different pricing schedules.

I know that this quantity discount is easy to setup on the individual basis, but I cannot figure out how to do it, so that it mixes and matches an entire category or discount group, but does not affect the other groups and categories.

Someone please respond, as I have seen similar questions asked before, but not answered.

treybraid

Re: How do I mix and match quantity discounts accross a single category?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:18:57 am »
did you ever figure this out... i need something similar done as well...'
trey

lwillis

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 13:58:33 pm »
You can do this with some fairly small code modifications if you're comfortable doing that (& maintaining it across upgrades). If you're still interested, let me know.

ltempest

• Tempest Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:58:37 pm »
Has anyone found a solution to this? and if so can you post the code modifications.

I need to add a percentage discount if a user buys in different quantities.

Please help

Lee

lwillis

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 13:44:52 pm »
Sorry - just seen this - will try and dig out the code I use ....

lwillis

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 00:44:14 am »
Right, I've dug it out and doing some documentation. Want to check it in the morning with a straight head. Should be up as a blog post on http://www.leewillis.co.uk around 9.30am GMT.

Would love to hear your thoughts when it arrives!

lwillis

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:00:01 am »
http://www.leewillis.co.uk/virtuemart-category-discounts/

Let me know if it was what you were after.

ltempest

• Tempest Photography
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 15:32:47 pm »
lwillis,
Thanks so much for the help and the comprehensive blog post, I've read and understood 99% of what you have said, and will get the last 1% when I eventually get around to implementing your hack.

Thanks again so much for the info and help.

Lee

emeelio

How do I mix and match quantity discounts accross a single category?
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 20:37:50 pm »
Wow, just what I was looking for! In fact, I ONLY needed to know how to assign discounts with 3 or more products and I see this is native to VirtueMart.

THANKS!  :)

paolotempest

• Beginner
I don't understand how I can assign the discount at an entire category.
So multiple articles can have an incremental discount, but how I can assign a category discount? for exaple a category with 100 articles. Until Now I must select ALL articles and assign a % but it's TOOOO time expensive!
Can anyone help?

emeelio

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 20:29:00 pm »
I don't understand how I can assign the discount at an entire category.
So multiple articles can have an incremental discount, but how I can assign a category discount? for exaple a category with 100 articles. Until Now I must select ALL articles and assign a % but it's TOOOO time expensive!
Can anyone help?

As far as we know, you cannot do this natively. So, we are currently looking at 2 extensions:

1. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=80497.0
...and
2. http://www.ledgloeilamp.nl/VirtueMart-Extensions-Modules/VirtueMart-Advanced-Inventory-Manager/productdetails.tpl.htm

I hope this helps!

paolotempest

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 21:25:57 pm »
Thanks but the first doesn't work... it looks ok but doesn't work.
I suppose I must buy the second extension. But it's strange that this function is not provided. It's normal in a shop to have many articles to modify.

emeelio

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 18:10:00 pm »
Thanks but the first doesn't work... it looks ok but doesn't work.
I suppose I must buy the second extension. But it's strange that this function is not provided. It's normal in a shop to have many articles to modify.

Gotcha. Let me know if you find an answer for you that works. Our VirtueMart is highly modified and I'm afraid some things might not work "out of the box" neither.

paolotempest

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 09:33:58 am »
I've found an "home made" tecnique thath can help someone else that have my same trouble until we find the right component.
So, we have many articles in a Category. We have Discount percentage. How we can change the percentage applied at EVERY single article?
The simplest thing to do is:
- SET manually a percentage in "discount manager" and note the start date; (now called for example date1)
- When you insert an article set the discount in the list that have start date "date1";
Yes, the first time you must set EVERY article at that discount (date1) but when you have to change the discount in the future you can:
- enter in discount manager and change the discount of "date1". You will change the discount of entire category wich uses "date1" like discount percentage.

I have some trouble with english, I hope you understand me ;)

emeelio

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 21:21:20 pm »
I've found an "home made" tecnique thath can help someone else that have my same trouble until we find the right component.
So, we have many articles in a Category. We have Discount percentage. How we can change the percentage applied at EVERY single article?
The simplest thing to do is:
- SET manually a percentage in "discount manager" and note the start date; (now called for example date1)
- When you insert an article set the discount in the list that have start date "date1";
Yes, the first time you must set EVERY article at that discount (date1) but when you have to change the discount in the future you can:
- enter in discount manager and change the discount of "date1". You will change the discount of entire category wich uses "date1" like discount percentage.

I have some trouble with english, I hope you understand me ;)

I will give it a try!