Author Topic: checkout redirects to index.php  (Read 18845 times)

bdogclaire

• Beginner
Re: checkout redirects to index.php
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 23:02:57 pm »
Hi,
I'm having the exact problem that is described on this thread. I'm using joomla! Version 1.5.8 & VM 1.1.3.

I saw one suggested solution was to change bits of code in the template "ja_templatetools_1.5.php line 221:" I am using the default VM template, does anyone know which file I can find the code to try changing? Are there any other solutions to this problem?

I am mostly a web designer with limited knowledge of php, so I am hoping the answer will not be so complex that I will need to hire a developer. From what I understand, VirtueMart is supposed to be user-friendly, but it looks like this problem has me (and many others) stumped!

Please advise or let me know if you need any additional information to help with this issue.

Thanks!

:'(

--
Claire
Brown Dog Creative
Jacksonville Web Design
Unleashing your brand online.

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 23:15:41 pm »
When you say exactly the same problem, does that mean that you have a problem with SEF and redirects?  Or with Registration and Redirects?  Or payment authorization?  etc?  You need to go ahead and detail your specific issue if you want help in the forums.  Otherwise, plan on hiring someone.  :)

This is not really a "user friendly" issue.  Every system has to be installed on servers (with many options available) and with components (many available).  All the options make the setup an issue at times.  You may need to hire someone just long enough to get it setup.  Then hopefully, you will be able to run the store through the standard "user friendliness".

Hope that helps!

bdogclaire

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 21:18:14 pm »
Let me first clarify the problem:
Add to cart works. Click checkout redirects to secureurl just fine. Checkout page comes up fine so you can enter credit card info, but when you click Next Step button, it just loads the index.php page. In this case, the page title displayed at the top says "Step 2 of 3". Same thing happens when I make any updates to the cart (such as deleting or refreshing an item). In this case, it just brings you back to the home page with the same home page title.

Now I will clarify what I mean by "user-friendly." It would seem to me that a program like VirtueMart, once installed properly (which it is), would work all the way through and without the need to hire an outside programmer to correct the code. I am using the default template, nothing fancy, I just want to be able to properly checkout.

Are you suggesting in your response above, that there is an option setting with my server that needs to be changed? I think hiring someone is an obvious solution, but I would like to understand the problem and solution so I will feel confident using VirtueMart with future clients.

I hope I have been specific enough for you to help! Please let me know if I need to clarify my problem anymore.

--
Claire
Brown Dog Creative
Jacksonville Web Design

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 21:32:25 pm »
Thanks for the clarification.

I have not personally seen that specific issue.  Let's see if anyone from the community is familiar with it.

Just to make sure all info is clear:  Who are you using for a payment gateway?  It seems that the return from it is creating an issue.
Are you seeing the same issue with editing the cart before hitting the payment gateway page?  If it only happens afterwards, then I would guess we have narrowed the problem down to that step of the process.

No, I'm not suggesting there is an option config issue on your server.  What I am suggesting is that if it is hosted on a godaddy site, then we may need a proxy option for your payment gateway, or if one of the php modules is not included in your particular php server, then we may be facing some other issues.  The only way to track down all of the myriad of possiblities is to hire an expert to start trouble shooting.  Or, you post questions and hope that others have had similar problems and can make suggestions to point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Thomas

bdogclaire

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 21:44:59 pm »
The redirect issue begins once you are inside the cart and try to update the cart's contents. If you decide to proceed to check out, it will bring you to the page with the first step, but if you try to continue to the next step, you are redirected to the home page.
--
Claire
Brown Dog Creative
Jacksonville Web Design

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 21:56:12 pm »
Would you mind posting me a link where I can see the issue?
You can do this through a private message or directly at:
support - do-t - kustomservices.com

twistedpink

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 19:45:55 pm »
I have a similar problem I'm trying to figure out. 

I have the j! sef urls turned on,
using J! 1.5.9
VM 1.1.3

At first the update cart + delete cart buttons didnt work. 
I changed a line in basket.php  from:

// UPDATE CART / DELETE FROM CART
      $action_url = $mm_action_url.basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);

to:

// UPDATE CART / DELETE FROM CART
      $action_url = 'index.php?page=shop.cart&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=

and now the update+delete works but the checkout button doesn't work.  it links to

baked-clothez?page=checkout.index&ssl_redirect=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=12

and says this:

Page Not Found

We cannot locate the page you're looking for. Please check the address and make sure all letters are lowercased with no spaces. You may also move to a different page by using the links in the menu bar above.

One reply i was looking at said to change the php_self to yourdomain.com/checkoutpage but i don't know what my checkout page URL should be..

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you,
julia

bdogclaire

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 15:48:54 pm »
I was able to get the cart and the checkout to work by changing the "$action_url" on the following files:

/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.savedcart.php
/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/savedbasket.php
/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/ro_basket.php
/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/checkout.index.php
/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/basket.php

I changed it from
to
$action_url = $mm_action_url.basename($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
and now it is all working.

--
Claire
Brown Dog Creative
Jacksonville Web Design

vincmeister

• Beginner
    • Online Store
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 09:07:42 am »
Hi bdogclaire,
i've follow your clue, but it's nor working
I'm using VM 1.1.3 & I didn't find the $action_url on those files.

vjtemplates

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
    • VJ Templates
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 06:03:24 am »
Our sites didn't have to hack anything with $action_url, but all works just fine.
VirtueMart Templates

http://www.vjtemplates.com

jaddi01

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 09:49:01 am »
I was able to get the cart and the checkout to work by changing the "$action_url" on the following files:

/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.savedcart.php
/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/savedbasket.php
/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/ro_basket.php
/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/checkout.index.php
/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/basket.php

I changed it from
to
$action_url = $mm_action_url.basename($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
and now it is all working.

Excellent!!!  Thanks!!  You've saved me a world of pain trying to bypass this "glitch".

briannyc

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 18:49:25 pm »
This all worked for me, but I still have a problem with error messages redirecting to the main frontpage, and after checkout, there is no confirmation screen, get redirected to blank frontpage.

I also block the component from the frontpage on my template file.

Code: [Select]
<?php if ($rontpage == "no") :  ?>
<jdoc:include type="component" />
<?php endif; ?>
Joomla:  1.5.7
VM:      1.1.2
PHP:     5.2.6
MySQL:   5.0.51

Carl_S

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 21:14:40 pm »
Setting up VirtueMart, and testing, when I click Checkout, I get this error:

Not Found

The requested URL /virtuemart was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) PHP/5.2.9 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7e-p1 Server at www.gretabrand.com Port 80

-=-=-

Thanks in advance for your help.