Author Topic: checkout redirects to index.php  (Read 18843 times)

davymoseley

• Beginner
checkout redirects to index.php
« on: December 08, 2008, 22:10:56 pm »
Can't checkout.
Add to cart works. Click checkout redirects to secureurl just fine. registration or login page comes up fine. Checkout page comes up fine so you can enter credit card info, but when you click Next button, it just loads up my Joomla's secure /index.php page with nothing in the content area. Page title says "Step 4 of 2."

clicked back button, and the checkout page title said "Step 3 of 2."

Also deleting an item froom the cart sends you to the same empty /index.php page, as does the update items icon. Seems any button you click on loads the empty index.php page. Like it loses the posted data.

Is this like a PHP session issue? I've tried with SEF SEO off and it does the same thing. I've reinstalled by merging the manual install falls onto my server, optimized database tables with phpmyadmin. Double-checked my settings in the config. Please help.

J! 1.5.8
VM 1.1.2
Apache 1.3
PHP 5.2.4

davymoseley

• Beginner
Re: checkout redirects to index.php
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 22:18:01 pm »
Also noticed in apache log odd entries like the following. somehow its putting the local path and the full url path together. I know this is just indicating an image that didn't load, but then again none of the images are showing up in checkout, and as I understand it, there are supposed to be graphics during checkout. this could mean that somewhere I have a path wrong, but I've checked config and nothing. maybe it is something int he database.

[Mon Dec  8 15:07:05 2008] [error] [client 66.76.25.21] File does not exist: /Users/myssnews/Sites/ https://www.myssnews.com/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/images/checkout/checkout2_1.png

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 20:49:09 pm »
Are you currently hosted on a Godaddy site?  This sounds very much like the curl issue related to Godady.  Do a search for CURL.  Some other sites do something similar with Curl Proxy also.

globetech

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 17:54:19 pm »
were you able to fix this issue, I have a similar one which I can't resolve!!

Shipping and payment pages redirects to index.php

Please help

davymoseley

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 18:14:49 pm »
I finally figured out that my problem was with my template. JA Teline II. Does not work with VM without modifying some code. Here is what worked for me:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14566

ja_templatetools_1.5.php line 221:
PHP Code:
    function isFrontPage(){
        return (JRequest::getCmd( 'view' ) == 'frontpage') ;
    } 
Replace with:
function isFrontPage(){
      return (JRequest::getCmd( 'option' )=='com_content' && JRequest::getCmd( 'view' ) == 'frontpage') ;
   }
Index.php line 173:
PHP Code:
        <?php if(!$tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?>
                <jdoc:include type="component" />
                <?php endif; ?>
Replace with:
PHP Code:
 <?php
            $m_intro = JParameter::def( "intro", 4 );
            $m_leading = JParameter::def( "leading", 1 );
            if ( !$tmpTools->isFrontPage() || $m_intro || $m_leading) {
            ?>
                 <jdoc:include type="component" />
            <?php } ?>

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 19:17:27 pm »
I recently helped someone who had a similar problem based on using older version of VM on a newer version of J!.

If you can post your exact problem (where in the checkout process, etc.) Your version info and what you have tried, then it will be easier to consider your specific issue.

Thanks!

globetech

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 03:59:54 am »
Thanks for taking the time to help me out; I’ve been straggling with this for quite sometime now
I basically have two problems in here:

1- The checkout and shipping pages gets redirected to the home page (index.php) it doesn’t display all the modules in the original home page, but it redirects to it.
2- My second problem is that I have a very custom product details page that all what I want to do is to be able to add a module to the product page which will allow adding the specific product to the shopping cart, then proceed as normal with either continue shopping or check out.

I have the latest VirtueMart and sh404sef using .htaccess.

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 22:06:54 pm »
No Worries,
which version of Joomla are you using?

suem

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 23:24:52 pm »
I have a similar problem:

I'm still testing the shop on this site and I can put items in the cart and view the cart (great).

Then I click on Checkout and it goes to the shop homepage (with the description of the shop and a list of items) and it's trying to be inside the SSL.

I saw the login/register page a couple of times yesterday, but haven't been able to get past clicking checkout yet today  ???

Any ideas?

suem

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 23:36:10 pm »
Should have said -
Joomla 1.5.9 and 1.5.10 (but updating that does not seem to have changed anything in VM)
VirtueMart 1.1.3

SEF URLs are on

Having the Joomla login module published or not makes no difference
Activating/deactivating the Credit Card (AN) payment option does not make a difference though this was on when I saw the login /register page yesterday.

Flummoxed  :(

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 00:11:30 am »
Not without taking a look.
It sounds like everything should be compatible.

Typically if you see redirects then you are either having
  • Config Issues with SSL
  • Or New User Registration issues with version incompatibilities

If you see the white screen of death then it is usually a CURL issue:
  • Server doesn't have CURL setup
  • Host requires a proxy for CURL connections (security purposes)

suem

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 15:04:48 pm »
Thanks Thomas,

Yes - I thought it looked fairly normal too, but I tried taking the SEF URLs off, and behold - we get to the checkout!

So I’ve been looking in the code, and I think the trouble is that the href for the link to checkout is set up directly in [domain]/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/pages/shop.cart.tpl.php (lines 45-58), and is non-SEF, so when we put SEF URLs on, it gets lost. Does this seem plausible?

Once it gets there ([domain]/components/com_virtuemart/html/checkout.index.php) it actually does what you’d expect.

Is there a way to set this up so that it will work with or without SEF URLs? It's important to my clients that the site be SEO-managed, so we really need to use SEF URLs. I'm new to PHP and picking it up as I go, so setting up this link is a bit beyond my comfort zone.

Any help gratefully received! :)

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 00:15:37 am »
True SEF tools should pick up the internal url codes and work just fine.  However, they will re-write the URL to a more friendly form.  This should not be the problem.  (That doesn't mean that it is not still the problem but just that it "shouldn't" be :))

Are you using any specific SEF product?

suem

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 01:34:02 am »
Just the global configuration settings in Joomla ATM, but we have loaded Artio JoomSEF and had intended to get that going next week, or can you suggest an alternative?

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 02:55:44 am »
I'm surprised that the standard SEF would effect Virtuemart.  I have not personally run across this.

No, I wouldn't recommend any - they all "should" work fine.  I have headaches personaally with several SEF products and shy away from them.