Author Topic: Parameter search (dropdown)  (Read 69150 times)

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
Re: Parameter search (dropdown)
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 04:37:58 am »
It seems our main coder for this is away, maybe final examinations...

cosg2004

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 18:30:09 pm »
Hi Danny
But why don't like a filter like parameter search? It is very popular for IT shops... I just thought that is a possible roadmap..
The reason is that each time you select a parameter you have to wait for the page to reload even though you know beforehand you need refine the search based on more parameters.
This can be avoided with a regular search button (aka you select all params and then hit search). Again this is a minor detail so I don't insist on it.

The module works fine once the types / params have been determined for each product. I managed to do that through CSVI (the free -older edition). I got around the category / product issue (see previous posts) by assigning a "category" like parameter to each product. Again, just a walk in the park with CSVI.

Cheers, Constantine

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 00:42:40 am »
No news about this?

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 13:24:59 pm »
I think the array error is not because of the ps_product_type.

Look at the form:
Code: [Select]
<form action="<?php echo URL ?>index.php" method="post" name="attr_search">
 <input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_virtuemart" />
 <input type="hidden" name="page" value="shop.browse" />
 <input type="hidden" name="product_type_id" value="1" />
 <input type="hidden" name="Itemid" value="<?php echo $sess->getShopItemid() ?>" />

This is not good
<input type="hidden" name="product_type_id" value="1" />The value should be echoed and not put a default there. You cannot search a product type with other's parameters right?

And scrolling down file we have same thing
<input type='hidden' name='product_type_1_<?php echo $db->f("parameter_name"); ?>_comp' value='find_in_set' />
   <select class='inputbox' name='product_type_1_<?php echo $db->f("parameter_name"); ?>' style='width:150px'>

that
name='product_type_1_<?php echo $db->f("parameter_name"); ?>_comp' should be
product_type_<?php echo $product_type_id?>_parameters...That is the reason I think is not searching correctly in my install.
Danny

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 05:02:41 am »
Next best implementation I think is much more important: remember last parameter values used in search.

VMone

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2009, 19:41:34 pm »

In any case, can someone compile the codes in this thread that grew over the time to some latest version of codes in a new post. Actually do not really know no more where to start to pick codes.

Would be very great! Thanks!

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 21:52:31 pm »
Good idea

VMone

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2009, 22:02:14 pm »

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2009, 22:06:19 pm »
well, ok, I have seen that module, but if you read one of my first posts this topic, you will see a better price range idea, as a part of a filter. This module from TPlazza is nice and slick, but out of date as functionality.

VMone

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2009, 22:13:54 pm »
Okay, just a thought...more important would be to have the current code version, as I really do not know where you are right now? I know where you are by what your last posts say, but can someone who has worked on this since some time or you compile all the enhancement done since the first post to the latest version I can test? 

Thanks!

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2009, 22:35:36 pm »
Ok I've seen what this module+component combo can do. Well, it is hard to predict that the code from module would work or not within our parameter search module.
First of all, as a component, it uses his own pages to display results.
I don't say it's impossible, but time is limited.

VMone

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2009, 04:16:34 am »
Time is limited, I know, that is why the hacks I desperately need for my store to open it, have to be done by some professionals for cash, I also would have liked to get it done with some hacks from the forum, but as my knowledge about coding is limited is some way, I will have to give it up to seek a cost free solution.

So, what I like to know is, put the tp component away again, this module what you work on here is working as it should by now or did you still tweak anything on it? The problem may be, it works with product attributes, I can't add those manually to my inventory, too many products, that is why I need some extra sort out field or a module that works without needing attributes, same with any search functions.

Still I like the idea and the example I have seen on the Yacht Homepage, that is why I asked if there is some latest version or if the one attached somewhere on the 1st page of this thread is the latest version?

szekelyz

• Beginner
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 18:10:22 pm »

Thank you for notifying me!

Alt148

• Beginner
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2009, 15:48:11 pm »
Hi Everybody,

I have modified the Search Dropdown from Cajetan Oberhaus a little. Now the module will first ask which Product Type group you want to search. And also it will remember which selections you have made.

However, I am not a professional programmer, and also not everything is working as it should be.

1. When you use a type with multiple values, there are no results.
2. I also blocking line 33 in browse_orderbyform.tpl.php in components/com_virtuemart/themes/(Your theme)/browse/includes/
"echo $ps_product_type->get_parameter_form($product_type_id);"
So the error lines are gone. (However I am not sure if it is the correct way)
3. I am also pretty sure, some code can be written better, easier!

I hope to get a good result when you select a type from the multiple values, however I am afraid that files in VM has to be altered, which I do not prefer to do.

Please I am interested in comments.

And thanks to Cajetan Oberhaus for the main part!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

szekelyz

• Beginner
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2009, 16:17:50 pm »
Hi Catejan!

Nice work! Congra!

But I am interesting if you can add for the first pos. row a category drop down select option....

And Multiselect option to product type parameters.

Is it managable?!

Zsolt