Author Topic: Parameter search (dropdown)  (Read 71263 times)

avra911

• Beginner
Re: Parameter search (dropdown)
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 13:46:39 pm »
And about the 3 or 4 times ERROR:

Quote from: Han Leentvaar
I myself am still looking to the problem that I get an error (3 times):
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/klavar/domains/klavarskribo.nl/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product_type.php on line 459

But the output seems to work Huh I'll try to fix it asap!

in ps_product_type.php

replace
Code: [Select]
$get_item_value = vmGet($_REQUEST, $item_name, array());with
$get_item_value = vmGet($_GET, $item_name, array());
i don't know but it's working for me.

razvan

avra911

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 18:35:46 pm »
One more thing,

I did a little change in the ps_product.php and now the advanced parameter search on multiple select is working.

Try changing this:
if ($dbpt->f("parameter_type")!="B") { // if it is not breaker
$value=$d["product_type_".$product_type_id."_".$dbpt->f("parameter_name")];
if ($dbpt->f("parameter_type")=="V" && is_array($value)) {
$value = join(';',$value);
}

with this

if ($dbpt->f("parameter_type")!="B") { // if it is not breaker
$value=$d["product_type_".$product_type_id."_".$dbpt->f("parameter_name")];
if ($dbpt->f("parameter_type")=="V" && is_array($value)) {
$value = join(',',$value);
}

I didn't have time to check more for the problem but at least the search seems to work.

Best regards and have a new year,
Razvan

PS:

also in file product.product_form.php
change

if ($dbpt->f("parameter_type")=="V") { //  Type: Multiple Values
    $size = min(count($fields),6);
    echo "[]\" multiple size=\"$size\">\n";
    $selected_value = array();
    $get_item_value = $dbp->f($dbpt->f("parameter_name"));
    $get_item_value = explode(";",$get_item_value);

with

if ($dbpt->f("parameter_type")=="V") { //  Type: Multiple Values
    $size = min(count($fields),6);
    echo "[]\" multiple size=\"$size\">\n";
    $selected_value = array();
    $get_item_value = $dbp->f($dbpt->f("parameter_name"));
    $get_item_value = explode(",",$get_item_value);

Marc O.

• Onrust Yacht Charters
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 17:39:38 pm »
I also am very interested in this module. I tried it on our test system but unfortunately it doesn't seem to show any dropdown menu's here. Can somebody explain how to use it?

Marc O.

• Onrust Yacht Charters
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 21:29:53 pm »
I also am very interested in this module. I tried it on our test system but unfortunately it doesn't seem to show any dropdown menu's here. Can somebody explain how to use it?

I managed to get it to work (and learned about "product types" while doing so (didn't use product types, didn't even know about product types)). :o ;D

Looks like a truly great module. Actually, a couple of months ago I asked on this forum whether something like this already existed. Looks like the number one on my wishlist is ready for implementation on my live site now. Thanks for that guys!

So far I only have two questions/remarks:
1) When I choose to hide the price search, the Search button also disappears from the frontend. (see below)
2) On the "search results" page, there is the text "Search in Category: <product type>" and a button "change parameters". Is there a way to make that disappear?

Thanks again for your good work.

Marc

Edit:
Corrected code in this post (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=48719.msg156907#msg156907) solved the issue of the disappearing Search button

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 23:31:32 pm »
Hi guys

Quickie question. As far as searching by price, are you looking to do this by price in product type or actual product price?
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

animas

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 05:21:05 am »
Nice useful module. We hope to see more updates in future.

darengr

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 16:50:22 pm »
Hi to all for this great effort. I would appreciate if someone that got this module working, just confirm that the file attached in the first post is COMPLETE with the rest of the modifications. I tried it, but without any luck.
Many thanks!

Marc O.

• Onrust Yacht Charters
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 17:11:18 pm »

darengr

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 17:28:31 pm »
Hi Marc, thanks for your reply, well the post is this same post, correct? Did you use the .zip file from the first post without any other manual modifications?
Can I just ask you some things on your site?
1. the extended yacht search is the result of this module, correct? So you defined all these parameters and add them to your product, yes?.
2. the search by... type, size, destination modules and the lower left end, are the standard VM categories, yes?

doesn't it give you a duplicate effort to catogerise AND define parameters for each product (actually the same info twice)?

many thanks!

Marc O.

• Onrust Yacht Charters
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 18:18:16 pm »
Hi,

Yes, we used the filed that is attached to the first post, but I changed some lines, as explained in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=48719.msg156907#msg156907

Re you questions:
1) Yes, the extended yacht search is the result of this module. First we defined a product type (only one in our case). Second, within this product type we defined three parameters: Yacht Type, Yacht Size and Yacht Destination. Third, for each parameter we defined the possible values. Those parms and values are what you see in the "Extended Yacht Search".

2) Correct.

Yes, it's duplicate effort but we're only using the "Extended Yacht Search" for a couple of days now in our production site. Going to figure out what to do with the categories. As a matter of fact, we're keeping the categories (because they include some SEF relevant information) but just looking what to do with it on our site.

Hope this helps! Let me know if it doesn't. Happy to assist if possible.

Cheers,
Marc

darengr

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 13:00:54 pm »
@Marc: Many thanks for info and thought sharing. I think I will treat the advanced search by parameter a cherry now, and go for the cake, that is the categories (only), in a combination with the manufacturer. I just updated another similar post with more info, which you could find useful, it is here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=50137.0

I 'll be in touch, I am interested in any solution for combined categories searching (or filtering) and happy to test any progress on this field.

Tell me if you find that other info of any use, and keep in touch!
best regards for now!

Marc O.

• Onrust Yacht Charters
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 13:51:33 pm »
I think the best way to filter on multiple categories (like you also explained in your other post here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=50137.0) is using the product types together with the module on this page. However you might "abuse" the manufacturer module with the same goal.

To be honest, I don't think it's a lot of work extra. You might choose your parameters equal to your main categories (in your example "color", "fashion") and the values of these parameters to equal the subcategories ("blue", "red", "modern", "classical"). It's a bit of extra work when setting up products, but I guess it's not a show stopper especially because there doesn't seem to be an alternative.

By the way, I also experience the phenomenon of changing categories and subcats when moving from one product to the next, so I'm very curious to how you solve(d) that.

bulesz

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 21:40:49 pm »
Working with CSVI, the product management is very easy, using the parameters too! ;)

cosg2004

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 17:43:17 pm »
Excellent initiative Cajetan,

I installed the module last night on my store. It works nicely with few exceptions (I surely undersatnd it is an working process). Comments:

1. I disagree with Korbs comment on "filter" like features. I personaly hate when having more parameters to get the filter output after each selection. Hence my preference to select all the parameters and hit "Search" like in the actual module. IMHO.
2. Han's code is missing an <div> I think, as it screwed up my other published modules.
3. Pagination navigation does not work with this module, but this is an VM issue I think.

After a few cosmetic changes check how it looks : jewelrybeautiful.com

Korb, how do you suggest we should (material) contribute to this initiative?
(donation site)

Cheers, Constantine

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 23:06:49 pm »
Hmm, well, if you want to contribute, you must help cajetan with what he needs. I have no interest but to see this feature rich module available for comunity.
Right now I imagine Caje beeing in finals. (He's a student..)

3. Pagination navigation does not work with this module, but this is an VM issue I think.
well, if you don't have much experience with VM templates, I disagree here, because browse pages especialy for parameter search results are managed by VM defaults in global configuration - site, and by default it is "no tables div based".

Ah if you use sh404SEF for VM, parameter search page navigation does not work, but I managed to fix it. If I could get a good IF statement, I could code the entire parameter search SEF thing.

But why don't like a filter like parameter search? It is very popular for IT shops... I just thought that is a possible roadmap..

Anyway, if you have any other questions...
Danny