Author Topic: Parameter search (dropdown)  (Read 67453 times)

slakalot

• Beginner
Re: Parameter search (dropdown)
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2009, 17:50:48 pm »
Great module, thanks guys :)

I don't know if you are still working on it or not, but I am trying to get any help I can and am hoping someone might have an answer to my problem.

I have 2 categories for the exact same products. They use different flypages to show restricted documents to registered users and no documents to another level of user.

I want to run the module twice, once for each category on different pages. Therefore I want the results to display on the correct flypage.

Is there a way to restrict the search to a category so that the correct flypage is returned?

Cheers! And again thanks, this module was just what I needed.
Anita

VlaDo

• Beginner
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2009, 00:28:33 am »
Is this project really cancelled ?

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2009, 08:34:21 am »
Is this project really cancelled ?

Hi. I don't know if the original posters of this project are still involved, but a project is never canceled, and the success of a project depends if and how many people are still interested in it. Feel free to continue it.

Also thank you for highlighting that inappropriate post on the page before. It has been removed so it does not confuse others.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2009, 19:46:00 pm »
This module with a little SQL querry improvements can be useful and can succesfully replace the old parameter search form..

I already posted in this thread some ideas regarding this.
Danny

nyamdavaa

• Beginner
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2010, 10:10:21 am »
Hi Everybody,

I have modified the Search Dropdown from Cajetan Oberhaus a little. Now the module will first ask which Product Type group you want to search. And also it will remember which selections you have made.

However, I am not a professional programmer, and also not everything is working as it should be.

1. When you use a type with multiple values, there are no results.
2. I also blocking line 33 in browse_orderbyform.tpl.php in components/com_virtuemart/themes/(Your theme)/browse/includes/
"echo $ps_product_type->get_parameter_form($product_type_id);"
So the error lines are gone. (However I am not sure if it is the correct way)
3. I am also pretty sure, some code can be written better, easier!

I hope to get a good result when you select a type from the multiple values, however I am afraid that files in VM has to be altered, which I do not prefer to do.

Please I am interested in comments.

And thanks to Cajetan Oberhaus for the main part!

first thanks  all for this great module, i have download this module , but i got error
Parse error: parse error in D:\xampp\htdocs\ziozia1\modules\mod_virtuemart_search_dropdown\mod_virtuemart_search_dropdown.php  on line 189  ,,,  how can i fix this

tehribo

• Beginner
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2011, 12:00:40 pm »
Please help.

I installed the module but when I choose the parameters, nothing changes and the page do not reload.

I am using "VirtueMart 1.1.0 stable" , because I did not find upgrade patch from this version :(

But I tried the modul to a clean Virtuemart installation with VirtueMart 1.1.7a stable

useris

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2011, 14:48:04 pm »
Hi,

Can this module search in product_type table?

marius2k

• Beginner
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2011, 13:03:24 pm »
hy!
how can i modify the dimension of the "multiple value" field? i want to make max. 10 caracters

br.

ganchclub

• Beginner
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2012, 00:29:27 am »
Thanks a lot! All is working great!

Long time surfing, and at last.

Thanks!