Author Topic: Virtuemart lightbox problem  (Read 86493 times)

4joomla

• Beginner
Re: Virtuemart lightbox problem
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 20:07:28 pm »
Thank's man!

Worked for me with gk_cuttingedge template.

I just had to add last two lines in gk_head.php
<script type="text/javascript" src="/components/com_virtuemart/js/mootools/mooPrompt.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/components/com_virtuemart/js/slimbox/js/slimbox.js"></script>
this works for me ..
thanks a lots
regards

elcianka

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 12:09:55 pm »
I'm sorry i don't understand where i have to copy that code...coz i modified the index.php in my template directory, but it don't work...i'm wrong? Please answer me!!

bester

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 18:22:20 pm »
Hi all,

I'm one that is still facing this problem.
I followed the instructions presented in this thread, but I didn't get it to work. It's definitely a template conflict.

These are the steps that I followed:

1) First I added the four lines in the head tag of index.php (I'm using "rhuk_milkyway" template).

<script type="text/javascript" src="/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/components/com_virtuemart/js/mootools/mooPrompt.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/components/com_virtuemart/js/slimbox/js/slimbox.js"></script>

When I clicked on the product image nothing happened, nothing at all.

2) Second I added just the two lines in the head of index.php, like many did:

When I clicked on the product image, the image opened in the same tab (I'm using FireFox) without lightbox.

In both cases when I disable the "Open Product Images in a LightBox?" by setting to "No" and the image opened in a different window.

I will try the same thing with the other two templates that Joomla (beez,JA_Purity) comes with and see what happens.

Any ideas are welcome?

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

spot

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 22:53:47 pm »
Scott - did you ever find the resolution? Can you post it here. I just tested your link and the lightbox displayed for me (nice site BTW)... so if you would be so kind as to post your resolution for others that would be great!
Thanks!

rowby

• RowbyVille
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 15:59:44 pm »
Hi Dibble,

The workaround is to put a condition to your template to check which page is displayed and include the code only for the page you wanted.

Can you give us an example of how to "put a condition to your template"?

Thanks!

...Rowby
Join me in Outer Space at:
http://www.rowbyville.com

Apple7

• Beginner
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 21:35:14 pm »
for example I did that for my main page:
Code: [Select]
<?php

if (JRequest::getVar('view') == 'frontpage') {
?>

some HTML code goes here
<?php
}
?>

For more condition examples you may want to see:
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=ru&q=condition+in+joomla+template

rowby

• RowbyVille
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 21:46:05 pm »
Thank you!

...Rowby
Join me in Outer Space at:
http://www.rowbyville.com

dewebmeester.nl

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2010, 22:25:18 pm »
Sorry dear people, but I am still wrestling with this problem. Followed all the instructions, without help. In clicking on a product image, lightbox starts, but stops then and a new page opens with the image; no lightbox effect. It's about: http://hairsensations.accountsupport.com/your_style/ ; I did put the scripts in the index.php from the template (it_verdana form icetheme.com); .js , mootools and other files are present, still no lightbox effect.....; Thanks for all advice!

Guitar Asylum

• Beginner
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 21:08:34 pm »
Hey all,

I'm having a weird problem with my lightbox. When my products only have one image, when I click on that image I get a new tab (or window in IE) with a 404 error. The URL is http://mysite/IMAGETITLE where mysite is my local url and IMAGETITLE is the title of my image with no extension.

When I have multiple images uploaded, any subsequent images work perfectly, but the first one acts gives me the same 404 error/url. I'm thinking it has something to do with SEF URLs? I'm using router.php to handle that.

Thanks in advance for any help!

DJ

EDIT: I've tried turning SEF URLs on and off as well as turning "add suffix to urls" along with combinations of both to no avail. I've also tried using the default templates and I have the same exact problem.

EDIT (again) - my problem was fixed so simply. Apparently the URL field doesn't function the way I thought it did, removing that fixed my problem.

DogHeart

• Beginner
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 11:54:58 am »
Sorry, I did find the solution to my problem. It was a template conflict. The template was using the MooTools JS library and was conflicting with the MooTools JS Library that VM uses. I wasn't using any of the MooTools functionality in the template so I simply removed the line invoking MooTools from the template and all was well. I would recommend trying the 'rhuk_milkyway' template that comes with Joomla 1.5 and see if your problem still persists. If it does, you have a template conflict as well. A good clue is that the photo opens up in the same frame when you click on it and not a new window. If it opens up in a new window then you have a different problem altogether.

Thanks, fixed my bug perfectly :)

falconeyes

• Beginner
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2011, 10:48:22 am »
Hya guys, i am kinda new with virtue mart.

I use VirtueMart 1.1.6 stable and JA_Purity template.

The problem is the lightbox is not working in the Product list page. Instead a new window opens withs the product image. the lightbox is working fine in the product details page.
I tried all the solutions given here but dint work  :(

and in the product list page the images look stretched also. wonder if their is any way to fix that.

vmbuilder

• Beginner
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 12:25:41 pm »
Sorry, I did find the solution to my problem. It was a template conflict. The template was using the MooTools JS library and was conflicting with the MooTools JS Library that VM uses. I wasn't using any of the MooTools functionality in the template so I simply removed the line invoking MooTools from the template and all was well. I would recommend trying the 'rhuk_milkyway' template that comes with Joomla 1.5 and see if your problem still persists. If it does, you have a template conflict as well. A good clue is that the photo opens up in the same frame when you click on it and not a new window. If it opens up in a new window then you have a different problem altogether.

Thanks, seems I had a conflict too. Commented out call to mootools.js in my template's index.php header, then added the two lines:

Joomla 1.5.23 VM 1.1.19

heath4031

• Beginner
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 05:44:23 am »
I had a problem with the Lightbox not working but as soon as I switch off "SHOW TOP BUTTON" in the Admin Template Edit page, it now WORKS :) Im not sure why it works but it works! :D
PS. I am using Joomla 1.5.23 and Virtuemart 1.1.9 and I am using a RocketTheme Solarsentinal Template

[attachment cleanup by admin]

erwin89

• Beginner
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2011, 22:22:06 pm »
Hello guys,

I at also the 4 lines of code.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>

But the image is still opening in a new window.
Can anyone help me?
I'm using virtuemart 1.1.9 and rhuk_milkyway template.

Greetings Erwin

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 15:47:06 pm »
erwin, post your url
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)