Author Topic: Virtuemart lightbox problem  (Read 84732 times)

Scott Ackerman

• Usable Web Solutions
Re: Virtuemart lightbox problem
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 14:11:13 pm »
Sorry, I did find the solution to my problem. It was a template conflict. The template was using the MooTools JS library and was conflicting with the MooTools JS Library that VM uses. I wasn't using any of the MooTools functionality in the template so I simply removed the line invoking MooTools from the template and all was well. I would recommend trying the 'rhuk_milkyway' template that comes with Joomla 1.5 and see if your problem still persists. If it does, you have a template conflict as well. A good clue is that the photo opens up in the same frame when you click on it and not a new window. If it opens up in a new window then you have a different problem altogether.
Scott Ackerman
Fort Collins, CO 80524

thyagobsb

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 02:24:23 am »
Hi there,

I had the same problem and it was because of the modules loaded with product page. Try to disable modules loaded at the product page and see wheather the problem continue or not.

If lightbox would open with no problem, search for alternative modules that could make the same work as your modules do.

EDIT: #ja-mainnavwrap
"position:relative;" to "position:static;"

in "template/ja_edenite/css/template.css"

aponcz

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 07:45:47 am »
Having the same problem.

Did anyone found a resolution for this yet?

Tnx,
Bert

I have been having this problem for the last four months and I finally got it resolved...

The problem is the line that looks like this when viewing the source is not loading properly:

<script src="/components/com_virtuemart/fetchscript.php?gzip=0&amp;subdir[0]=/themes/italomty&amp;file[0]=theme.js&amp;subdir[1]=/js&amp;file[1]=sleight.js&amp;subdir[2]=/js/mootools&amp;file[2]=mootools-release-1.11.js&amp;subdir[3]=/js/mootools&amp;file[3]=mooPrompt.js&amp;subdir[4]=/js/slimbox/js&amp;file[4]=slimbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I added the following lines to my template header and it solved my problem:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/components/com_virtuemart/js/mootools/mooPrompt.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/components/com_virtuemart/js/slimbox/js/slimbox.js"></script>

pauljukas

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 12:31:20 pm »
Thank's man!

Worked for me with gk_cuttingedge template.

I just had to add last two lines in gk_head.php
<script type="text/javascript" src="/components/com_virtuemart/js/mootools/mooPrompt.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/components/com_virtuemart/js/slimbox/js/slimbox.js"></script>

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 12:44:14 pm »

I have been having this problem for the last four months and I finally got it resolved...

The problem is the line that looks like this when viewing the source is not loading properly:

when you view source now, do you have double calls for the scripts?

J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

jyaurig

• Beginner
    • Perfume Gallery
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 19:47:33 pm »
Worked for me with template focus from Bonusthemes
Joomla 1.7.3
Virtuemart 2.0

Apple7

• Beginner
Solution for the problem
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 15:20:05 pm »
I had a problem with lightbox for child products' images (other images was displayed correct). They were opened in the same window - not lightbox.

The problem was solved by alowing mambots/plugins in products and categories discriptions in VirtueMart general settings.

pierrech

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 11:35:55 am »
I had a problem with lightbox for child products' images (other images was displayed correct). They were opened in the same window - not lightbox.

The problem was solved by alowing mambots/plugins in products and categories discriptions in VirtueMart general settings.
Excellent, thanks a lot for this simple solution! Works perfectly for me.  8)

TiggerID

• Beginner
    • East Art - Asian HandiCraft Shopping Center
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 01:07:19 am »
Wow!!!
Thanks You Very much for the solution.
It's Work for me.

fireshaw

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 09:16:43 am »

That fixed it.  Thanks for the tip!

jimedgar

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 11:19:34 am »
Fixed it for , great tip

joknight

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 16:21:44 pm »
Thanks for this solution! It worked for me too. I've been pulling my hair out on virtuemart forums looking for some idea of the solution for days now and finally resolved itself as a template issue with my rockettheme solar sentinel theme. Added the lines of code above to my header and ouila! the lightbox appeared in virtuemart instead of the product details image opening up in a new window! Thanks again, now i can go onto other things!!

adverte

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 16:19:01 pm »
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js"></script>

Excellent! This has solved my problem. Many thanks! I use template bt_landscape from BonusThemes.

dibbie

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 05:30:27 am »
can anyone help which header file that has to be add on? thank you

Apple7

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 09:12:59 am »
can anyone help which header file that has to be add on? thank you

You mean this?

You may add it to your current template header:
Code: [Select]
templates\[your default template]\index.phpoften it is
Code: [Select]
templates\rhuk_milkyway\index.phpby default

Personally I didn't try it exactly, but tried something similar, and it had conflicted with other JS on other pages. So test it before placing to production website.

The workaround is to put a condition to your template to check which page is displayed and include the code only for the page you wanted.