Started by cleverbargain, May 12, 2012, 16:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleverbargain

Hello,

I did the following steps:
1- Store
2- List payment methods
3- enabled paypal
4- Clicked on paypal and under 'Payment Method form' i have payment method type to 'HTML form based'
4- under Configuration i selected 'NO' as the test mode
5 -Under configuration I entered my Paypal email account

The problem is that the user can go all the way through the checkout process, confirm the order, but without never being redirected to Paypal to pay for his/her order.

My questions:
1) how to solve this problem to make the user pay during the checkout process?
2) I have noticed that by selecting the 'Credit Card' as the 'Payment Method Type' under the 'Paypal' module, then the user can enter his/her credit card information from my website without being re-directed to the Paypal website. Is this correct? I have tried to test this by entering my credit card but my credit card was never debited and my paypal account was never credited. Can you please give me a guide of how I could set it up as such so the users can pay using a credit card from my Website instead of being redirected to Paypal?

Thank you

jenkinhill

For Paypal configuration see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101478.0  - reommended to test using the PayPal sandbox first. Set up an account at  https://developer.paypal.com/

For credit card processing through your own business merchant card service you need a plugin: http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/offline-credit-card-processing-detail   But first make sure that your card service will allow you to use such a system, as you will need PCI clearance.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cleverbargain

Thank you for your reply.

I followed the configuration steps. I did precisely what they describe. However, when checking out on the front-end of the shop, the system never redirects the shopper to paypal website. Instead it says that the order has been completed and the shopper receives the automated email.

Paypal exists as a payment option during the checkout process however the shopper is never redirected to the paypal website.

The above issue did not originally exist on my Website. This is something I just discovered. I originally did the sandbox testing a few months back and everything was working fine until now.

alatak

Hi

Quote'Payment Method form' i have payment method type to 'HTML form based'
It looks like you are working with VM1, and not VM2.
Your post is on the wrong sub forum.

cleverbargain

Yes my apologies just noticed that ..

cleverbargain

Is there a way to move this topic under the correct category?

Is there anyone that can help me ? I have an online store but customers cannot checkout using Paypal anymore! They can 'complete the order' but they are never being re-directed to Paypal Website.

Please help
Thx

jenkinhill

We have no developers working with VM1.1 now, but will move this thread.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum