Author Topic: [ SOLVED ] All languages except for Icelandic work?  (Read 3926 times)

SnakeDragon

[ SOLVED ] All languages except for Icelandic work?
« on: November 26, 2008, 22:11:42 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have a multilingual site and I have a problem with the Icelandic language. It simply does not display Icelandic! I have installed the Icelandic language in Joomla, and it works in Joomla, but in VirtueMart it is still English.

The languages I am using on my site are Danish, English, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish. If I select, for example, Swedish on my Joomla site, then Swedish is also displayed in VirtueMart. And all languages work, except for Icelandic.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I am using Joomla 1.5 and Virtuemart 1.1. I have Icelandic installed in Joomla and in VirtueMart.

I am grateful for any reply!

SnakeDragon

oraclesoon

• Beginner
    • Bright Red SG
Re: All languages except for Icelandic work?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 18:41:59 pm »
Maybe this is the same problem which I faced before.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=48230.msg155331#msg155331

This is the problem of Joomla language pack, not VirtueMart Language pack. VirtueMart Language Manager is referencing <backwardLang>AAA</backwardLang> inside Joomla_root/language/Icelandic/Icelandic.xml

Please make sure <backwardLang>AAA</backwardLang> is <backwardLang>Icelandic</backwardLang>

SnakeDragon

Re: All languages except for Icelandic work?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 18:59:37 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply!

That solved the problem! However, the problem was not in the joomla_root/language/is-IS/is-IS.xml file. There it was already <backwardLang>icelandic</backwardLang>. The problem was that all Icelandic language files in VirtueMart was called islenska.php and not icelandic.php.

Someone should rename the Icelandic language files for VirtueMart so that the user does not need to manually rename all the 19 different Icelandic language files.

Thank you very much once again! :D