News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Fedex Shipping-how to get a log of transmission to fedex server

Started by vmhappy, October 26, 2009, 16:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmhappy

Hi all,
I inherited the development of a shopping cart for a customer from a developer who is no longer on this account. I am a designer, not a developer, and a VM ultra-novice. These forums and all of your advice has been invaluable to me. I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem now.
My Fedex module is coming back with incorrect rates for Fedex Ground. In order to troubleshoot, Fedex Tech Support is asking me for a copy of the transmission from VM to their server. I can't find anything in VM or Joomla that would give me a transaction log, nor do I see any kind of log file anywhere on our server.
Can someone tell me how to do this? Thank you!

lowmips

Hi,
I assume you're using the FedExDC module that ships with VirtueMart.  There isn't a nice way to log transactions included in the module, but you could dump part of the transaction by going to line 132 (right after the $request_array is built) and pasting in:

echo "request:".print_r($request_array,true)."<br />";

A portion of the results of the conversation are stored in $rate_Ret, so after line 134:
(line 133) // Get the rate quote
(line 134) $rate_Ret = $fed->services_rate ( $request_array );

You can also dump that by adding :

(line 135) echo "result:".print_r($rate_Ret,true)."<br />";

If you need further assistance debugging your rates, I'd be happy to do so for a small fee.
-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

vmhappy

Hi Reggie,
Thanks so much for the response. Just confirming--that code gets inserted in fedex.php? I'm going to give it try tomorrow. If I hit the wall again, how much would your small fee be?

Thanks!

lowmips

Sorry, yes. fedex.php.

email(preferred) or PM me if you need more help/want to discuss rates.
-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)