News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Paypal not changing status to confirmed

Started by DarkeEdge, November 25, 2008, 03:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkeEdge

I am running a Joomla 1.0.15 site with Virtuemart 1.1.0 RC2 and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem we're having.

Paypal seems to work fine in the purchase, but when the payment is made, the status doesn't change off of pending.  The config has it set to change to confirmed.  I tried debugging to a file, and it was no help.  We've already done a lot of customization to the site's VM files in non-payment areas, so upgrading versions would be a large task.  Authorize.net purchases work fine, just to note.

If anyone can offer any suggestions, please let me know, I'm pulling what's left of my hair out on this one.

DarkeEdge

magiashok

Can you confirm your paypal configuration setup first.

And then, check with your paypal cfg file config variables, is it all are set in correctly?

Because, we have faced same problem in our development, but now we have fixed this one.
--
Are you a Web Design Shop? Why not try our Hire Monthly Programmer? It is very Cheap and Affordable!

R Ashok Kumar
Project Leader at Securenext Software Corp
http://www.securenext.com

hoppe

I have the same problem, and I can´t fixed it.

How to do this?
http://www.ferreteriaelclavo.com
Ferretería el Clavo Online.

DarkeEdge

Quote from: magiashok on November 25, 2008, 13:07:19 PM
Can you confirm your paypal configuration setup first.
And then, check with your paypal cfg file config variables, is it all are set in correctly?
Because, we have faced same problem in our development, but now we have fixed this one.
I unfortunately was called away from the project for yesterday and today, but I wanted to thank you for answering so fast.  I know my config in virtuemart's payment sections is correct, but I didn't check the CFG file for errors, will look tomorrow and let you know.

DE

DarkeEdge

Paypal CFG file:
define ('PAYPAL_DEBUG', '0');
define ('PAYPAL_EMAIL', 'mail@mysite.com');
define ('PAYPAL_VERIFIED_ONLY', '1');
define ('PAYPAL_VERIFIED_STATUS', 'C');
define ('PAYPAL_PENDING_STATUS', 'P');
define ('PAYPAL_INVALID_STATUS', 'X');

I'm supposing that looks good, unless I need to modify 'verified status'

DarkeEdge

I would greatly appreciate any assistance if someone has come across this problem.

hoppe

http://www.ferreteriaelclavo.com
Ferretería el Clavo Online.

Lee Wilson

Anyone manage to work out why this doesn't return 'confirmed' ?

devilman

Having the same issue here too.  VM 1.1.3 and Joomla 1.5.2 (didn't realise I was a little behind in Joomla versions so I've just upgraded to 1.5.9 but I doubt that will have too much of an impact).  The last couple of paypal transactions just haven't changed the order status to confirmed either through the 'verified' or 'pending' flags in the config. It was never a problem on my old site using Joomla 1.0.x and the appropriate VM for it.

Lee Wilson

I think this is down to the payment module you use. I had this issue when I was using the paypal payment module from http://www.virtuemart-solutions.com/index.php

I have since changed to another paypal module and I'm getting the correct return. I can't remember who's module I used though - sorry.

devilman

Hmm, I'm just using the default one that came with VM - I didn't realise there were others so I'll have to take a look around. :)

angek

are you also able to confirm that the post back from paypal actually includes the correct order_status? In your paypal configuration you should have a notify_uri which points to notify.php it is this file that handles the response from paypal.

A simple way to verify this is to create a file called ipntest.php (or whatever you like) and upload it to the root directory of your joomla installation. This file should contain the following:

<?php
$fromname"Your name here";
$from_email "your email here";
$recipient_email "recipients email here";
$subject "Paypal IPN Test";
$body null;
$header "From: ".$fromname" <".$from_email.">\r\n";
foreach($_POST as $var=>$val){
$body .= $var.":".$val."/n";
}
mail($recipient_email$subject$body$header);
?>

Then update your paypal configuration and modify the notify_uri to point to this newly created file. Now make a purchase (I'm assuming you have set everything to test mode :) ).

You should receive an email with the info that PayPal returns to your site after the purchase.

Take a look at this email and confirm that the order_status is "Confirmed".

Lee Wilson

Yep it was confirmed status but the paypal pro module did not pass back the info. Anyway I'm ok now as I'm using a solution that works :-)

Lee Wilson

It's a paypal pro module (US) not the standard paypal module. The thing is I don't remember which one was the successful module. I downloaded half a dozen from different sites and the code does not have any indication of who was the creator.

I'm using it for the UK however, just had to apply for the api credentials - but all is well. It was a free extension not a commercial one.